News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Thirty-two years on and still a great listen...

Masters of Reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5IcnD9gqo&list=RDVL5IcnD9gqo&start_radio=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dplUe3r_lXA

And the evening so far...

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

madbean

This is sick talent for a couple of teenagers. JD Beck is going to be an absolute monster soon enough. Probably already is!

[youtube width=640]EJDARjzHhZE[/youtube]

midwayfair

alanp

You'll want to turn CC on for this one, but it's very worth watching. The guy is *seriously* into pedal DIY.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Such a seventies sound. But so amazingly good. How has this band flown under the radar for me for so long?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

davent

I often put on Billie Holiday late at night when all are in bed and it's quiet, helps soothe the soul. Timely one originated in France a little over 100 years ago, Holiday first recorded it in i believe 1937.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlehVpcAes
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Quote from: alanp on February 03, 2021, 06:30:42 AM
Such a seventies sound. But so amazingly good. How has this band flown under the radar for me for so long?

They rolled through here in the early 70's, played the long gone hockey arena, were quite popular here in their day.
dave

EBK

Quote from: davent on February 03, 2021, 09:20:08 AM
I often put on Billie Holiday late at night when all are in bed and it's quiet, helps soothe the soul.
I've heard of Billie Holiday before, but never really gave her a listen.  I started listening to that track you linked, and at first I didn't get it.  I've heard jazz before, but this sounded very non-melodic with the wild vocal pitch bends.  But, I kept listening, and it became surprisingly mesmerizing.  So, I guess I'm saying thanks for this awakening?  I didn't expect it, but my soul does actually feel soothed.   8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

This was surprisingly good.  I'm a Radiohead fan, and have to say, the parrot nails it. 

midwayfair

diablochris6

I recently found some works by Elizabeth Brown that are wild. Her compositions do a great job of incorporating off-kilter pitch bending techniques of strings, woodwinds, and theremin.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

Such a fascinating listen. If you know some of the original songs, like with _Nuages_, even more interesting to hear Joe Pass's own interpretation.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

harryklippton

currently listening to #1 hits of the 60s part 1. I acquired this Akai deck (and both 8 track machines) a few years ago via a friend of a friend along with a giant box of maybe 40 reels of tape with all kinds of stuff recorded on them. The box of tapes had been buried in my office closet for a few years, but I got down to it today and decided to try out some tapes I hadn't played before.

alanp

I've got an Akai reel to reel machine! No tape to play on it, but still :) (No 8 track machines, either.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website