News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Hard to get cooler than a reel to reel deck!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Still on the record cleaning quest, last night Miles Davis & Hawkwind.

This year marks the 50th anniversary for In Search of Space, has a 24 page Hawkwind Log book, big fold open cover. For anyone not familiar with them, still active in one form or another, released a new album last year, Lemmy was a member until kicked out to next form Motorhead, Motorhead was the title of a Hawkwind song... needs at least a second cleaning and could really use an ultrasonic cleaning but don't have one of those. Had this one for close to fifty years.

Lead off track - Shouldn't do That

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

Been going off the deep end with Ghost the past couple weeks. Just learned how to play Square Hammer and now I'm working on Dance Macbre.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cooder

I really dig Tom Bukovacs feel and ideas, even though it's all way above my league. Pleasure to watch and listen, this was live streamed today.
Music starts at 7:45 min into the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoYs76_y750#
BigNoise Amplification

harryklippton

A couple of years ago, I combed through the early Vanguard catalog looking for anything that grabbed my attention when I saw this band called Clean Living and they were billed as a country rock band. Right up my alley. This is the cover art for their first record:

And a track from their second album, meadow muffin. Yup right up my alley. I snagged both of these for a couple bucks.

Up next after that will be Great Speckled Bird. ND Smart and Buddy Cage played on this record.

davent

Quote from: harryklippton on April 10, 2021, 07:55:12 AM
A couple of years ago, I combed through the early Vanguard catalog looking for anything that grabbed my attention when I saw this band called Clean Living and they were billed as a country rock band. Right up my alley. This is the cover art for their first record:

Up next after that will be Great Speckled Bird. ND Smart and Buddy Cage played on this record.

Bit of Great Speckled Bird history, band was founded by Canadian music icons Ian & Sylvia Tyson, Amos Garret and few others i didn't recognize. In the early 70's Ian Tyson had a TV music show that ran for ~4 years. People might know the song 'Four Strong Winds' which Neil Young and slews of other well knowns covered was written by Ian Tyson. Garret is known for his guitar solo in Maria Muldaur's Midnight at the Oasis, see the solo referred to, said to be the best guitar solo ever.
dave

davent

New vinyl day, haven't heard any of this before. Miles Davis, music recorded on two days in 1956 was released  on four albums to fulfill contract obligations and move onto a new label. I have Workin, and today added, Steamin' & Relaxin', Cookin' yet to come.

Yusuf,  for the 50th anniversary of Tea For the Tillerman reimagined it using the same producer he used first time around, not sure about the musicians. I think my sister had a copy of the original when we were kids, never listened to it then but over the years someone dumped a copy on me and i hadn't listened to it until my coivid record cleaning project ensued and after a couple of listened quite like it, the copy i have is nasty and needs replacing, find a cheap used cd... wanted to hear how he's approached things after fifty years and much water under the bridge.

Happy listening.dave

PapaKev

matmosphere

I've been following a page called Dust to Digital on Instagram. There is a lot of pretty inspiring stuff on there from all over the world. The other day there was this Nigerian kid (maybe 10-12) playing some Charlie Parker, it's impressive to say the least.

davent

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 14, 2021, 09:16:33 AM
I've been following a page called Dust to Digital on Instagram. There is a lot of pretty inspiring stuff on there from all over the world. The other day there was this Nigerian kid (maybe 10-12) playing some Charlie Parker, it's impressive to say the least.

I've followed that account for awhile too but i never have the sound on, on my ipod, someday...
dave

GermanCdn

I am a simple man.  If Howard's singing, I'm listening.

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

matmosphere

Quote from: davent on April 14, 2021, 09:20:24 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on April 14, 2021, 09:16:33 AM

I've followed that account for awhile too but i never have the sound on, on my ipod, someday...
dave

Hahaha, I always have my volume off as well. I increasingly found I like looking at guitar and pedal related stuff, but have no interest in most of the actual playing people do in any of it. At any rate something on that channel caught my eye and I turned on the sound and was very pleasantly surprised.

davent

A few of the latest in the Covid vinyl project, spic and span with a new inner sleeve...

A couple i haven't heard in decades, a new to me Miles, for the moment at least my favorite of the three from the Prestige i've recently acquired.

dave

alanp

With an old band like this, you know that it's going to be really, really good.

And I have times when I feel this way. Not all the time, praise God, and rare.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Alan are you following Robert's current project, Sunday Lockdown Lunch with Toyah & Robert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WYG26xZ_w
dave