Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clusterphuzz

Started by LaceSensor, December 02, 2017, 02:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: culturejam on December 06, 2017, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: EBK on December 06, 2017, 10:32:18 AM
Why do I get the feeling that "great features" wasn't how you originally drafted that sentence?   :P ;D

Haha.  ;D Nah, the additions were good ones. The pedal definitely wouldn't be as cool without them.

Brian and Dave come from a different philosophy of design than I do, and that's partly what works about our oddball setup. Those guys are usually looking to add tweakable parameters, and I'm usually trying to figure out  how to reduce complexity.

There are definitely two schools of pedal buildage that can basically be summed up as moar knobs goood and the simpler the better ;) Lovetone taking the former to a ridiculous level where most settings do fuck all, and when you find a good one you have to take a photo to have any chance of getting that sound again. I have to admit I started out in the former camp and have now firmly switched to the latter.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: juansolo on December 07, 2017, 10:18:27 AM
...Lovetone taking the former to a ridiculous level where most settings do fuck all...

I would have to disagree with you at least with the Lovetones. I have yet to build/use a Lovetone that had a "non-usable" or "useless" control. Even on the Meatball.... it just took a little getting used to  ;D

juansolo

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 07, 2017, 01:23:52 PM
Quote from: juansolo on December 07, 2017, 10:18:27 AM
...Lovetone taking the former to a ridiculous level where most settings do fuck all...

I would have to disagree with you at least with the Lovetones. I have yet to build/use a Lovetone that had a "non-usable" or "useless" control. Even on the Meatball.... it just took a little getting used to  ;D

It's not that the knobs are useless, it's that it's very easy to get settings that don't do anything on a few of them, and when you do find that sweet spot, finding it again is nigh on impossible ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Boba7

Wow that's so amazing, so inspiring, awesome work!! They look so cool.