News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Envirotex over ink

Started by Adam_DIY, January 05, 2018, 04:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Clear waterslide decal over it then clearcoat. You get more then one chance with a waterslide to get it right as long as the ink isn't water soluble.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Adam_DIY

That's the problem I didn't check what kind of pen it was when he signed it.  I'm positive it's not sharpie and think it's some sort of paint pen. 

matmosphere

Send the factory an email and see if they know. Presumably he has done this a few times before.

peterc

I have done this with clear vinyl and it has worked well.

Got some of the vinyl they use on cars so it is really tough and I put 2 layers on. Looks pretty solid....

I got it form a local car coating place, they sold me enough for my needs.

Peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

matmosphere

Actually I changed my mind. What you should really do is plug the thing in turn your amp up and just play it :)

Adam_DIY

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 07, 2018, 06:06:13 AM
Actually I changed my mind. What you should really do is plug the thing in turn your amp up and just play it :)

I do a lot that's why it needs a refret it's been my main gigging guitar for 18 years. 

fair.child

How about a clear plastic tape? It might the easier and cheaper solution. Otherwise, another idea is to contact Paul directly through his email.

Soup39

My recommendation would be to put it in a frame & wall mount it, get a new backplate.

m-Kresol

one more thing to consider is that envirotex (or any amine based resin) will yellow over time. it won't be easy to notice on the black background, but over the years you might notice it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Adam_DIY

Well I was doing a few enclosures tonight and thought feck it why not let's just go for it and see what happens... and so far so good.

EBK

I'm glad you didn't give us any warning beforehand.  As I already admitted, you were making me nervous.   ;)
Fingers crossed that it continues to look that good.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Adam_DIY

Thanks I was making myself nervous to be honest.  Like I said I was doing some enclosures and had some tex left so just went for it. Fingers crossed it still looks good when I get up tomorrow morning. 

TNblueshawk

My experience with Envirotex is as long as the ink is dry it has never caused me a run. The only yellowing that these eyes could see was on white pedals.

I would probably not want to hide it either and protect it while playing like you have.
John