News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1st Madbean Build - "Fatpants"

Started by Bluestrat, October 15, 2011, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestrat

This is my first Madbean build. Love this pedal. ;D Fantastic with a strat! 1st 1044 chip whined when the Fat was maxed. I ordered a replacement and it works perfect. Adds a nice shimmer on top and the Fat really adds body to the overall sound. Really impressed with the quality of the pcb and the build docs. 

jimmybjj

wow that looks really cool, great job. can you share some details on your finish?
Pcbs no longer available

mjcyates

Love it! One of my favorite pedals I have seen here.

sgmezei

Yeah man I love your Led shield thing. That is awesome, I am waiting to hear about the badass finish as well.

Bluestrat

Quote from: jimmybjj on October 15, 2011, 06:35:12 PM
wow that looks really cool, great job. can you share some details on your finish?
Quote from: mjcyates on October 15, 2011, 06:38:08 PM
Love it! One of my favorite pedals I have seen here.
Quote from: jimmybjj on October 15, 2011, 06:35:12 PM

Hey, thanks everyone. I created the finish by submerging the raw box into enchant solution and washing it off then rubbing with steel wool. I did this a number of times then sanded the edges back to raw metal. I also sprayed clear nitro on it and rubbed a few aging tones and silver on and then off the pedal to add additional colors. Here's another pedal I did this way. This one is more distressed.

jimmybjj

thanks for sharing, very nice. I think i like the second even more. Very creative!
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

These are brilliant. I love the worn, used look.

nzCdog

Very nice builds!  I gotta try the Fatpants sometime myself!

jubal81

Very unique and classy. You have a great eye.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

petesz

these are so great! awesome technique. where are you getting the metal sprocket things from? i also love the fact you painted the indicators on the knobs of the second one yellow to match  8)

Bluestrat

Quote from: madbean on October 15, 2011, 09:11:14 PM
These are brilliant. I love the worn, used look.
Thanks Brian, really glad you like them.
Quote from: nzCdog on October 15, 2011, 09:13:50 PM
Very nice builds!  I gotta try the Fatpants sometime myself!
Thanks! Great pedal... Build it :)
Quote from: jubal81 on October 16, 2011, 12:19:32 AM
Very unique and classy. You have a great eye.
Many thanks!
Quote from: petesz on October 16, 2011, 01:53:04 AM
these are so great! awesome technique. where are you getting the metal sprocket things from? i also love the fact you painted the indicators on the knobs of the second one yellow to match  8)
Thanks! The "metal sprocket" elements I had or made. The LED element on the Fatpants is a plain washer and a lock washer I aged and glued together. The large element on the other pedal is an antique clock gear.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I absolutely love the finishes!! I've never seen anyone do an aged finish like that, Jimmy's Rust Driver was similar in concept. I really think the washers on the fatpants look like an ancient sun logo!! I'm liking it!!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

snz728

very artistic. looks like something from the book I'm reading to my kids "The Invention of Hugo Cabret"

CK1