News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino & Glitteratti

Started by mjcyates, November 01, 2011, 03:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Well I was very impressed and inspired by Bluestrat's Fat Pants build so I had to build a couple of pedals. Sorry Bluestrat for blatantly using your idea but I loved it. Here is a Neutrino and Glitteratti. The enclosures are the bare 125BB enclosures from smallbear. The washers are from Lowes. I am still debating on whether or not I should etch the enclosures. I love these pedals.

Bluestrat

Quote from: mjcyates on November 01, 2011, 03:40:48 PM
Well I was very impressed and inspired by Bluestrat's Fat Pants build so I had to build a couple of pedals. Sorry Bluestrat for blatantly using your idea but I loved it.

Hey, I'm flattered.  ;D Glad to inspire. I think you tool it to the next level. We are all building on someone's shoulders. I think that's what this forum is all about. They look great! They have kind of a retro Sci-Fi look. Great knobs too! Congrats.

keysandguitars

Sweet looking builds, I think they look good as is, but an etching would be cool. Which version of the Neutrino did you build? Do you have both the black and the burst?
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

Very tidy!  They look cool as is, but a good etch would make them even better IMO :)

masterlk

Nice job Marvin. Just wait until those washers begin to tarnish or discolor...that's going to look slick. Love those knobs too...got them planned for a Aristocrat build. I think you should give the etching a shot.

plesur

Sweet looking builds, nice and tidy.

I'm a fan of those knobs too.

Etched enclosures would be really cool, if you can get it right. There's so many amazing etches out there. I've tried a couple of times myself but without much success. They ended up covered in Hammerite instead  :P

mjcyates

QuoteHey, I'm flattered.   Glad to inspire. I think you tool it to the next level. We are all building on someone's shoulders. I think that's what this forum is all about. They look great! They have kind of a retro Sci-Fi look. Great knobs too! Congrats.
Thanks! I really like the Mangler pedal you built as well, very nice!

QuoteSweet looking builds, I think they look good as is, but an etching would be cool. Which version of the Neutrino did you build? Do you have both the black and the burst?
Thanks. Well I started out to build the Black version. Then I started comparing to the schematic for the Barber Direct Drive which I have and love and saw some similarities so I used some values from that schematic so it is kind of a hybrid at the moment. I built the burst version before but sold it to a friend.

QuoteVery tidy!  They look cool as is, but a good etch would make them even better IMO
Thanks, I kind of agree, I'm just afraid to mess them up.

mjcyates

QuoteNice job Marvin. Just wait until those washers begin to tarnish or discolor...that's going to look slick. Love those knobs too...got them planned for a Aristocrat build. I think you should give the etching a shot.
Thanks! The knobs are very high quality. I highly recommend them unless of course you are building a small pedal.

QuoteSweet looking builds, nice and tidy.
I'm a fan of those knobs too.
Etched enclosures would be really cool, if you can get it right. There's so many amazing etches out there. I've tried a couple of times myself but without much success. They ended up covered in Hammerite instead
Thanks! If I do go the etching route I will definitely get some scrap pieces to practice on.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I like the look very much! I agree once the washers are oxidized and discolored it will look even better.
I tried my first etch on an enclosure a few days ago. I did manage to get what I wanted which was nasty and baaaad. I encourage you try, it was fun and much quicker than etching circuit boards. I used permanent staetdler markers and acrylic to block out the acid. Work pretty well, I'm sure toner works much better.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

keysandguitars

Any chance you'll do a demo on youtube? I'd really love to build a barber direct drive. Do you have the schematic that you could link or post here?
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

joe*211

+1 for those knobs looking great... +1 for demo...

mjcyates

QuoteI like the look very much!
Thanks!

QuoteAny chance you'll do a demo on youtube? I'd really love to build a barber direct drive. Do you have the schematic that you could link or post here?

I would love to do a demo, unfortunately I do not have a recording set up to do it. The Direct Drive schematic is here in this forum.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1434.0

Quote+1 for those knobs looking great... +1 for demo...

Thanks!