News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I'll say this for 2019...

Started by madbean, November 13, 2019, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

...I cannot say I didn't put forth the effort, even if I don't finish all this before 2020!

mjg

That'll do, Bean, that'll do.   :D

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Yes, but how do they taste.....er.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

peterc

Amazing work! Thanks for all the effort.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Willybomb

There's some interesting names in the overdrive section...

EBK

Quote from: Willybomb on November 13, 2019, 10:51:37 PM
There's some interesting names in the overdrive section...
I think it would be fun to see who could make up the best list of names that could plausibly be madbean pedal names.

Here's a few, off the top of my head:

Pokerhead
Tinklepuss
FarthingA
Warthog Stick
Slimshoe
Skunk Patrol
Thistle Feast
Rock Troll
Amblemush
Drop Lozenge

Brian, feel free to use any of these if they strike your fancy.  ;)

Just for fun (I'll really try to stop wasting everyone's bandwidth with my nonsense after this, I swear  ;D), I gave the first 30 project names from the MBP store to an artificial neural network and asked it to extrapolate.  Here are some AI-generated MBP pedal names:
Spice Gator
Stupidly Funky
Puffball
Bartender
Stinky Jr.
Krampus
Froggy Bear
E-G-F
Bongzilla
Dieselboy
Dodgeball
Lagoon
Mouthfull of Crap
Fleshwad
Poppa Fart
Wolffy Jr.
Hobgoblin Deluxe
Sticky Bee
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Caedarn

Quote from: EBK on November 14, 2019, 03:09:51 AM

Just for fun (I'll really try to stop wasting everyone's bandwidth with my nonsense after this, I swear  ;D), I gave the first 30 project names from the MBP store to an artificial neural network and asked it to extrapolate.  Here are some AI-generated MBP pedal names:

Brilliant...just brilliant!

icecycle66

Now that I know his filing organization system I can extrapolate his wisdom and steal his skill.

EBK

Quote from: JoeR3155 on November 14, 2019, 06:59:30 AM
Quote from: EBK on November 14, 2019, 03:09:51 AM

Brilliant...just brilliant!
I basically stole the idea from this researcher's blog:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/aiweirdness.com/post/185248506967/neural-net-names-effects-pedals/amp

If you want to give it a try:
https://talktotransformer.com/
I have to warn you that this toy is very addictive though.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

dawson

I will have one Warthog Stick and a Bongzilla, please..

Seriously though, MPB has made this hobby SO great- the awesome build reports are second to none, overflowing with explanations and suggestions and mods, the PCB's are well laid out and very nice to work with, and these forums fill in the gaps, answering my stupid questions and supplying us all with endless inspiration, it's all quite heroic.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

harryklippton

Bongzilla is already a band name fyi

dan.schumaker

[/quote]
I basically stole the idea from this researcher's blog:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/aiweirdness.com/post/185248506967/neural-net-names-effects-pedals/amp

[/quote]

I've used that before to name my pedals... thats where the Robot Zookeeper came from  :D

matmosphere

Haha, this is great.

I think next year Brian might have to make a spice gator, puffball, or a hobgoblin deluxe.