Stage Fright

Started by madbean, November 16, 2011, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmo

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 27, 2012, 08:42:21 AM
super excited for this

+1 million, looks great! A challenge.  ;D

madbean

I think what will happen here is that there will be two versions. The first version will be either 6 or 8 stages and maybe have a couple fun things. The second version will be the "deluxe" which has all the features I WANT to put in it, but cannot fit in a 1590BB. This would include more stages (12), stage selector AND regen path selector, more LFO controls and onboard circuitry for a Molten Voltage control. Obviously ver2 is going to take more time to develop, and be a much more intense build, so I will shoot for the "lite" version now and follow-up in a couple of months with the deluxe super duper phaser pooper. Maybe a super light 1590B version, too, and mega ultra two stage 1590A.

Why design something once when you can do it four times? Bah!

DutchMF

Just when I thought I could really get my brain around how all those pedals work, you come with something like this..... There is soooooooo much to learn! Brian, by now you have to be one of the most effects-knowledgable guys in the world. Ever thought of going public with this? Guitar World should do a piece on MadBean! Thanx man, this is an ever-expanding source of knowledge!

Paul

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

DutchMF

Quote from: madbean on January 28, 2012, 05:21:51 AM
I will shoot for the "lite" version now and follow-up in a couple of months with the deluxe super duper phaser pooper.

Super duper phaser pooper? Try to get that on an enclosure!!  :D
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

Heck yeah, I will be building both the lite and supe dupe versions, maybe even the 1590a one as well.  The "lite" will still have univibe switch, yes?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

These are the feature lists (to summarize) I'm considering:

Baby board (1590A) - 2 stages, simple LFO
Lite (1590B) - 4 stages, simple LFO - can build either a phaser or something similar to the Faux Vibe
Regular (1590BB) - 6 stages, rotary stage OR regen selector, Univibe switch, Maestro LFO
Deluxe (1590D?) - 12 stages, rotary stage AND regen selector, Molten Voltage MV-55 implementation, plus an alternate LFO with added controls (maybe a mash up between the Maestro and Tremulus Lune).

This stuff isn't for sure....just possibilities. But, it's also kind of an outline of what I'd like to do with a few different projects- multiple version with different features to meet the needs of the builder, i.e. taking a core design and then offering different versions with progressively complex features. Some folks may want a simple phaser in a 1590B, some may want a space ship.

pickdropper

That's really cool.  Practically, the deluxe looks to hit the best blend between features while still retaining a usable size.

Of course, I'd probably build the lite and deluxe version as well.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sgmezei

I will take one of each please  ;D

Super excited for these. Me and a buddy were just talking about building a couple of phase 90's, and I told him to wait for THESE. Super stoked!

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on January 28, 2012, 07:09:44 AM
some may want a space ship.

LaceSensor to Apollo Bean 1
Sign me up for spaceship

jkokura

That reminds me of a post on a recent TGP thread...

"If people look at your pedalboard and make comments about space ships or airplane cockpits... you might have a gear problem."

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Shoot, we probably have enough brain power on this forum to actually BUILD a space ship!

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on January 28, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
Shoot, we probably have enough brain power on this forum to actually BUILD a space ship!

Well, I am not sure about a space ship, but many years ago me and 2 buddies put together a 777 sim

All of that building and I never was any good at flying.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

Quote from: pickdropper on January 28, 2012, 07:19:12 PM
Quote from: madbean on January 28, 2012, 05:01:35 PM

Well, I am not sure about a space ship, but many years ago me and 2 buddies put together a 777 sim

All of that building and I never was any good at flying.

:o :o :o :o :o

JakeFuzz

Woah, Where on earth did you get all that avionics equipment? That looks fun.

Smeero

seeing that makes me think we could build a time machine.