News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just a power brick..

Started by Willybomb, February 24, 2020, 04:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Like the title says, it's just a power brick so I can use the 16vAV outlet on my AC10 now that I've taken the HT-Dual off.

Feed it whatever over 12v, and it rectifies down to 3x 9vDC and 1x 12vDC, and it also has a pass through at the other end for the  source power.  I ripped the circuit out of my previous S.L.O.P.P.Y, replacing one of the 9v regs with a 12.  There are footswitch washers on the jacks because I had a bad day on the drill press with the step bit.

EBK

Quote from: Willybomb on February 24, 2020, 04:42:28 AM
There are footswitch washers on the jacks because I had a bad day on the drill press with the step bit.
Rotate all the jacks so the googly eyes are looking in the same direction and I'll allow it.   ;)

I always love a simple utility box.  Guaranteed useful.

I'm a little confused on the color though.  Is it black or is it yellow?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

nzCdog

Willybomb

QuoteI'm a little confused on the color though.  Is it black or is it yellow?

It's a yellow tayda powdercoat I got secondhand (along with another 5 or 6) that I cut back a little with wet/dry paper and coated with etching primer and upol clear.  I've left the baseplate as is - yellow.

cooder

Another yellow/black brick in the wall. Nice and useful it'll be.
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

I never updated this post with the sticker, keeping the yellow/black theme going...