News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

All the N.Y. State Courts are closed, local justice and city courts are closed, I can't do in person visits with incarcerated clients, Fed Courts are screening everyone and taking temperatures: Erie County where the WDNY is located has a bunch of confirmed cases, and there are confirmed cases in a county whose jail I went into on Thursday last week.

I feel like I could have unwittingly spread the virus by just doing my normal work last week and I feel bad about it. As a nation and world wide community of humans we need to shut it down for a few weeks and get this thing under control
"my legend grows" - playpunk

benny_profane

Quote from: playpunk on March 16, 2020, 09:30:41 AM
All the N.Y. State Courts are closed, local justice and city courts are closed, I can't do in person visits with incarcerated clients, Fed Courts are screening everyone and taking temperatures: Erie County where the WDNY is located has a bunch of confirmed cases, and there are confirmed cases in a county whose jail I went into on Thursday last week.

I feel like I could have unwittingly spread the virus by just doing my normal work last week and I feel bad about it. As a nation and world wide community of humans we need to shut it down for a few weeks and get this thing under control

Can you give any more information regarding the treatment of incarcerated persons in re COVID-19? There's been a real absence of policy attention given to homeless and incarcerated populations (at least that I know of).

m-Kresol

Over at my side of the pond, my company is also doing the same half-arsed commitment as the government (which has tightened things further as preventive measure) and is not sending non-production employees into home-office, but try to have a 50:50 solution. Who the *** cares about it, if my R&D project is delayed for 2 months or so? even if I'm in the office, all my cooperation partners that I heavily rely on, are shutting down and I have shit to do in the lab in a foreseeable future.

Quote from: CodeMonk on March 16, 2020, 12:08:51 AM
Went to Walmart to do my normal shopping and get some health related things.
They are now only open 6AM - 11PM.

this is funny. In Austria, shops are regularly open 7:30 - 19:30, so I don't see your complain :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

MTK

We just got back from the store and it's pretty rough. All the meats, eggs, butter, bread, 95% canned goods, 90% of cereals are cleaned out. Decent amount of chips, snacks, and cracker types available. Fresh produce is still rockin' and milk was stocked. Actually saw about a dozen containers of disinfectant wipes on the shelves. Still no paper products. Very strange to see, looked like a going out of business sale.

davent

I now get to keep all the library books, magazines, cd's & dvd's i have home until April 14...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

gordo

Paper towels were on yesterdays shopping list but the only ones left were some goofy brand I've never heard of.  I'd be better off drying my hands on the drapes.

But hey, I've got six rolls...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

peAk

thesmokingman

We're in day two of work from home and it has become clear that I am the caretaker. I've always been the caretaker.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

madbean

Quote from: thesmokingman on March 17, 2020, 12:01:31 PM
We're in day two of work from home and it has become clear that I am the caretaker. I've always been the caretaker.

Wife was working from home for two weeks b/c of the tornado. Now wife and child will be home for the next two weeks or longer from COVID. I'm considering going to the store and start licking the hands of strangers.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on March 17, 2020, 01:48:03 PM
Quote from: thesmokingman on March 17, 2020, 12:01:31 PM

Wife was working from home for two weeks b/c of the tornado. Now wife and child will be home for the next two weeks or longer from COVID. I'm considering going to the store and start licking the hands of strangers.
Bwahahahaha
My wife works nights, but she's had a cold , so she's been home too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

My university just announced that we'll be teaching online until further notice. All staff will be assigned work from home duties too. I expect that this will mean layoffs too.

lrgaraujo

Brazil had its first confirmed Covid-19 death today and we seem to be entering the exponential curve.
Next few months are gonna be really hard for us

EBK

I'm feeling pissed off at pictures of people enjoying Spring Break on crowded beaches. Seems so reckless and disrespectful.
Never thought I'd ever feel that way. 

There are now 5 people with positive test results in my city.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

MTK

There aren't any confirmed cases in my city yet. My friend's bandmate got tested because he's feeling like ass with a fever, sore throat, and cough. His flu and strep tests came back negative. It's gonna be a few days before he gets the results back.