News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

My entire Province has declared a state of emergency. Major lockdowns on absolutely everything.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

We had the first confirmed case in our county today.

Many staples are still missing at the local grocery stores here. In addition to tp/paper towels almost all canned goods, bread, and most meats are gone. However, LOTS of fresh fruit!

jimilee

Wonder how long people can keep this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on March 19, 2020, 03:30:20 AM
12-18 months is what I'm reading it will take.  Afterward, all restaurants will be named Taco Bell, and we will be using three seashells to clean our asses. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on March 19, 2020, 04:08:42 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 19, 2020, 03:30:20 AM
12-18 months is what I'm reading it will take.  Afterward, all restaurants will be named Taco Bell, and we will be using three seashells to clean our asses. 

MTK

My friend's bandmate got his results back sooner than expected and he's clear. Buuuuut there is a confirmed case in our county now.   

Aentons

NorthCoast

Several counties here in California - Yolo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Solano, and Santa Clara - are currently under a shelter in place order. And I just heard that Sacramento County, where I'm at, will have an SIP order starting at midnight tonight.

Sacramento County Public Health Order

Sacramento County has 45 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and three who have died from complications of COVID-19. It is also clear that Sacramento County has community transmission of this virus.

As of March 19, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., the Sacramento County Health Officer is directing all individuals living in the county to stay at their place of residence except for essential activities. The legal order is based on the same directives of social distancing issued this week to slow the transmission of the disease, but it provides more detail and enforcement ability. The legal order limits activity, travel and business functions to only the most essential needs and is intended to protect those most vulnerable to the disease, slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, and preserve local healthcare capacity.

https://www.saccounty.net/news/latest-news/Pages/SacCountyHealthOfficerIssuesCOVID-19Order.aspx

https://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/yolo-county-orders-residents-to-shelter-in-place/
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

Aentons

peAk

In other news, with everyone quarantined, divorce rate on the rise.

jimilee

Quote from: peAk on March 19, 2020, 01:43:37 PM
In other news, with everyone quarantined, divorce rate on the rise.
Whole lotta people rethinking their life choices.

Scruffie

My Sister & Her Husband are quite sure they have it, in their 40's and they seem fine, just a weird bad illness.
Works at Lectric-FX

matmosphere

Quote from: Scruffie on March 19, 2020, 05:07:52 PM
My Sister & Her Husband are quite sure they have it, in their 40's and they seem fine, just a weird bad illness.

I hope they are okay.

But I will say They should get tested if possible. My wife was very ill last week and we were worried it might be covid19. Doctor gave her a flu test to rule that out first and it came back positive for influenza type a. We were surprised at how severe of a flu it was.

Scruffie

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 19, 2020, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on March 19, 2020, 05:07:52 PM

I hope they are okay.

But I will say They should get tested if possible. My wife was very ill last week and we were worried it might be covid19. Doctor gave her a flu test to rule that out first and it came back positive for influenza type a. We were surprised at how severe of a flu it was.
Oh they've stopped testing here pretty much for all but severe cases/essential workers, if you feel ill you just have to isolate for 7 days now with whatever you have unless it needs further attention. Health service can't cope with general patients any more.
Works at Lectric-FX