News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Hermit

Started by Aleph Null, March 02, 2020, 08:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

I'm really curious where you got that purple enclosure, or if you painted it yourself, what color it is. This is a fantastic looking build!

Aentons

Quote from: Scruffie on March 03, 2020, 03:11:25 PM
You've put IX above the image but I'm pretty sure this was on their 4th album.
Tarot is essentially a card game and each card has a number. The Hermit is number 9.

There are "Major" and "Minor" cards.

The ones like the Hermit are Major and are numbered 0-21.

The Minor cards are where our modern day poker cards came from and are fairly similar in that there are 4 suits, all with numbers 2-10, royals, and an ace.

The Major 0 card "The Fool" ended up as the modern day Joker

Scruffie

Quote from: Aentons on March 04, 2020, 08:13:39 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on March 03, 2020, 03:11:25 PM
You've put IX above the image but I'm pretty sure this was on their 4th album.
Tarot is essentially a card game and each card has a number. The Hermit is number 9.

There are "Major" and "Minor" cards.

The ones like the Hermit are Major and are numbered 0-21.

The Minor cards are where our modern day poker cards came from and are fairly similar in that there are 4 suits, all with numbers 2-10, royals, and an ace.

The Major 0 card "The Fool" ended up as the modern day Joker
'Twas a joke ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

Aentons

Quote from: Scruffie on March 04, 2020, 08:47:36 AM
'Twas a joke ;)
I thought so but you forgot your winkyface ;) so I used it as an information dispersion opportunity anyway. Speaking of...

The Tarot is also interesting because it correlates with the Jungian psychology Archetype images and Jung was a proponent of it as examples.

So for instance the Hermit is a prime example of the positive Jungian Animus Archetype or (wise old man). Other examples include: Merlin, Gandalf, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Zarathustra, etc..

Aleph Null

Quote from: Bret608 on March 04, 2020, 06:47:54 AM
I'm really curious where you got that purple enclosure, or if you painted it yourself, what color it is. This is a fantastic looking build!

I found a high resolution scan of the Rider-Waite tarot card and manipulated the color in Gimp. It's a waterslide decal, but I like to use graphics that could be screen printed.