News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Swah

Started by rockola, June 27, 2020, 11:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockola

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... This would have been my entry in the most recent MBP competition, except I couldn't get it to work in time for the deadline. Pulled it from the shelf of shame today and whaddayaknow, had inserted one of the ICs backwards. Should really stop doing that. In case it's not obvious, it's a Mad Professor Snow White Autowah clone on a GuitarPCB Swah board.

Had a number of accidents with the graphic, some happier than others. I've got another Swah PCB somewhere so may do another with less deranged graphics. I sprayed the laser decal with nitro that was apparently way too thick as the decal pretty much melted up immediately. Learned to do a mist coat first next time. However, the result was kind of interesting, as you can see.

Guts.

matmosphere

Brilliant! One of the greatest movies ever made

diablochris6

Whatever happened to the graphic made the water and shark look awesome. That's a nice happy accident.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

I didn't realize it was messed up until I read it. Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

MTK

Yeah, I think it looks great. Has a vintage feel to it. Good work.

EBK

I have one of those boards laying around in my random collection.  Maybe I should think about building with it. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cooder

Looks awesome indeed! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Wow, that does look cool, even if it wasn't intended!

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on June 27, 2020, 01:46:18 PM
I didn't realize it was messed up until I read it. Nice job!

Same here... Looks killer... really psychedelic

gordo

I thought maybe you ran the art thru Corel Painter or something for effect. It'd be damn hard to duplicate :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on June 27, 2020, 07:30:22 PM
I thought maybe you ran the art thru Corel Painter or something for effect. It'd be damn hard to duplicate :-)
Will Corel still work on a modern computer?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

Quote from: Aentons on June 27, 2020, 04:58:52 PM
Looks killer...

I see what you did there :) Cheers everyone.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Yahoo67

Very nice graphics !!! This circuit is really fun but I would highly recommend mounting the bias pot as a knob :/ you really loose a lot with having it inside as a trimpot imo ....!

Thewintersoldier

I can only echo everyone above, great build. The graphics are perfect. I have a fuzzdog board of this circuit, how does it respond and sound compared to other filters?

Sent from my KFMUWI using Tapatalk
Who the hell is Bucky?

lars

That graphic does look great. Kind of like the whole pedal is under swahter....

Quote from: jimilee on June 27, 2020, 07:31:33 PM
Will Corel still work on a modern computer?
Your best option for running an older program is to upgrade to Linux Mint and run a program called Wine. I've had a lot of success getting old Windows programs to run like that (probably better than they ever did). There's really no point in ever having to shackle yourself to Microsoft's "broken computer" philosophy.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....