News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Refinishing and updating a 4 year old build... Flux Drive

Started by Willybomb, July 06, 2020, 06:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

So, I built this for a friend 4 years ago, back when I was starting out, really.  While he's happy with it, it's been gigged fairly hard and the original method of photopaper glued and clearcoated on the enclosure wasn't wearing that well (I used that because I couldn't get datapol or similar where I was living at the time).

Original thread: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21543.msg212716#msg212716

So anyway, he said he didn't use the BMTB so much, and the finish was a bit ragged, so could I please fix it up?  Yeah, no worries.

Not wanting to work any harder than I usually do, I didn't drill any more holes and built a Rustdriver to replace the TB.  I filled the original LED hole with Gorilla Weld and decided to make my way to the drillpress to put in two more LED holes.

The weather here has not been conductive to spraying and I had to sand it back once or twice.  I lost count as I was doing a few other builds that needed the same treatment.  I changed the artwork to reflect what's in the thing and promptly put the sticker on crooked, which meant a quick top sand and recoat of primer.  With my only sticker left, I got it good enough but not really.  It's probably more off than the first effort.  Clearcoat and done.

I kept some of the original wiring because I'm lazy, and changed the jacks for lumbergs so I could fit everything in.  I didn't bother with the tone switch on the Rustdriver because it's interactive with the volume and I think it's dark enough stock anyway.

The Crackle Not Ok works really well with the Rustdriver.  It seems to add a bit of clarity and give it more raunch.

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

mjg

I thought the digit displays on the front were real, until I noticed the LED through the middle of them. Looks great!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification