News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Pedals! (donut, florist, greenBean/slowLoris)

Started by diegoyl, September 04, 2020, 03:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diegoyl

I got into pedals this summer and made a Donut (pink), Florist (blue), and a combined GreenBean/SlowLoris (yellow). I based my graphics off of loteria cards and took more freedom with the Dist/OD, adding some avatar references. Also, i just wanna thank this community because you guys answered a lot of my questions and helped me exceed my expectations of how these would turn out. thank you!!

I think they turned out great for being my first pedals and I only had one minor drilling error! Only complaint is that GreenBean needs the DRIVE pot to be below 10% or else it is way too much, but that might be because of the mods i made in order to exclude the LOW pot.

I also made a tiny pedalboard out of some wood i had:

my favorite design (favorite sounding was florist):

and here's some wiring:

everything baaaarely fit on this one:

edit: i also wanna point out the graphics are just on photo paper from walgreens (coated with armor-all) glued onto the enclosure with elmers and a bit of superglue, it seems to be holding up well enough, but also i've only had them for about a month. I think this is a great option if your trying to minimize costs. I followed this video.

Haberdasher

Those look somewhere around 10x better than my first 3 pedals.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

zombie_rock123

Stone me, is this a wind up?! They look fantastic, are you a pro photographer as well? Awesome work, carry on chief!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

diegoyl

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 04, 2020, 03:57:51 PM
Those look somewhere around 10x better than my first 3 pedals.

haha thanks! i spent a full month watching pedal videos on youtube and reading forums like this before i built them, so ig it paid off

Bio77

diegoyl

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on September 04, 2020, 06:15:52 PM
Stone me, is this a wind up?! They look fantastic, are you a pro photographer as well? Awesome work, carry on chief!

thank you! i took some studio classes last semester so i was used this as an opportunity to keep practicing photography and also photoshop (the main reason i did diy pedals was so i could make the graphics lol)

jimilee

Very nice. I have to echo the others, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mjg

rockola

Quote from: diegoyl on September 04, 2020, 03:19:27 PM
my favorite design (favorite sounding was florist):
I'm with ya, that Cactus Juice looks just incredible. Nice work all around, I also dig the DIY pedalboard, I've thrown together a few too.

cooder

Excellent, what a start, now you're hooked! Fab looks and execution, looking forward to seeing more!
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

"My first builds," he says.  Bloody hell.

Just a note, you might want to check the taper on that drive pot if it's maxing out too early.

m-Kresol

awesome stuff. The graphics are top notch and the presentation/photography is killing it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jjjimi84

Looks great, really outstanding work especially for new builds