News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A question about the pedal projects

Started by Afonso, September 17, 2020, 05:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afonso

Hi everyone,

This is my first post around here, so I will apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

So, I came up with an idea when I ordered wrong pots to build the Uber Tuber pedal (I ordered short pins instead of long ones  :-\). A normal person would just make a new order of the correct parts, but I decided it would be a good idea to try to modify the board so it would fit the short pin pots.
I would like to do that to play around with Eagle CAD a bit, and see whatever comes out of this...

Anyway, what I'm trying to ask is if it is okay to use the available madbean projects, modify them and have a board manufactured. It would be strictly for personal use, of course.

Thank you so much,
Afonso
Letting the magic smoke out ever since I recall.

madbean

I have no problem with anyone using the mbp projects as a basis for personal projects, of course. That goes without saying. The only thing I am protective of is my actual PCB layouts themselves as far as commercial development. Those are protected by copyright. But actual circuit designs, schematics, whatever...it's all fair game. I've benefited from numerous circuit designs and so should everyone else.

But, that is a whole lot of work to do for four pots! I probably have the correct long pin pots I could send you if needed.

davent

You could also extend pins with other pieces of wire so no new pots needed or need to modify the pcb. Lastly there's no need to mount the pots rigidly to the pcb, you can wire wire them free.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Afonso

Thank you so much for your reply, Brian!
Understood about mbp projects. And by the way, I really admire your work!  ;D
I imagine it really is a lot of work to do haha!  :o

Thak you so much for your reply too, dave!
When put this way, my idea really sonds like a dumb approach to the problem.
I'll do that to get this pedal running.

But I guess the main reason for all of this was to mess around with Eagle a bit, really. I've been hunting down something to do!

If I decide to go on with this crazyness later, I'll get back here and share with you the results.

Thank you!
Letting the magic smoke out ever since I recall.