News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone hit with the virus out there?

Started by gordo, November 22, 2020, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Anyone hit with the virus out there?  I got diagnosed positive at the beginning of the week despite being ULTRA careful.  Mask, sanitizer, hand washing so much I'm surprised I have washed away my callouses. You CANNOT be too careful.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Hope it goes well, best wishes and take care, best wishes for a smooth recovery!
My son and wife who live in the States (Missouri) just had a test and are symptomatic.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Oh jeeeebus Gordo, I'm sorry to hear that. Had any symptoms or just a routine test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

matmosphere

Take care man, keep a close eye on stuff and keep in touch with your doctor.

Drop us a line now and again to let us know you are alright.

We have been fortunate so far. My wife's sister had it several months ago. She said it sucked for several days but she eventually recovered.

madbean

Sorry to hear that. Keep yourself well and rest up!

We had a bit of a scare with our daughter. She got sick about 10 days ago and there was an exposure at school. Thankfully, she tested negative. The school has gone back to hybrid schedule for now and I think it's the right thing to do. Tenn cases are really getting high. Nationally we are at almost 200k infections a day, I hear.

I'm kinda dreading this but I think I'm going to have to tell my family we shouldn't visit for Xmas.

jjjimi84

My Son tested positive on September 16th, so the three of us were in lock down for almost three weeks. My wife and I also tested positive but she was the only one to show symptoms. For three days she was in bed with flu like symptoms while my son and i took care of her and played nintendo.

Since then my wife and i have had shortness of breath but otherwise back to full health.

Hopefully it is mild for you.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on November 22, 2020, 04:24:45 PM

We had a bit of a scare with our daughter. She got sick about 10 days ago and there was an exposure at school. Thankfully, she tested negative. The school has gone back to hybrid schedule for now and I think it's the right thing to do. Tenn cases are really getting high. Nationally we are at almost 200k infections a day, I hear.

I'm kinda dreading this but I think I'm going to have to tell my family we shouldn't visit for Xmas.
We are at over 250k nationally now, it damn near doubles weekly.

Not visiting anyone for Thanksgiving and Christmas is, sadly, the right thing to do. I fortunately, not everyone agrees and we will have another wicked out break and deaths in about another two weeks.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Strategy

Gordo hang in there - lay low and keep track of your breathing and stay in touch with your doctor as frequently as practical.
I was sick in March but couldn't get tested. I probably caught it pre lockdown which came about a week before I got sick. Back in my 20s I had both pneumonia and influenza, and what I experienced this year was like neither, and not like a cold; more like chemical inhalation injury with feverish symptoms and severe exhaustion. There were no tests in my area at the time. I was in peak condition before I was sick, while I was sick I lost 20 lbs during it and now have lingering severe respiratory issues and have had to stop doing sports. (I'm 44) My life is changed. I have a comprehensive pulmonary function test in December. I have been cleared for heart damage supposedly which is great news so I consider myself lucky. My insurance through work is low quality and I have $1000's in medical bills
If anyone reading this was wondering if it's "real" or think it can't happen to you...guess again
Sorry if this is a downer it's just been a real year.
Strategy

davent

For years i've wished there was some way i could forego much of the month of December and what it entails, looks like this year i'm there.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

Scary stuff!  Wishing everyone well, physically and mentally.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

davent

Quote from: jimilee on November 23, 2020, 05:56:29 AM

We are at over 250k nationally now, it damn near doubles weekly.

Not visiting anyone for Thanksgiving and Christmas is, sadly, the right thing to do. I fortunately, not everyone agrees and we will have another wicked out break and deaths in about another two weeks.

On track to pop the million a day bubble in, two weeks

Take care.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

I'm pulling for you, Gordo! I hope you have no symptoms and definitely no lasting issues.

Somehow haven't gotten it yet, but I suppose it's because we've been pretty low-key since mid-March. A good buddy of mine is a corrections officer, and he got it way back in April. My wife has had some coworkers get it. And multiple of her college friends have lost family members to it. Crazy shit.

Stay safe, everybody!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Thewintersoldier

Hope your doing ok gordo, and everyone else whos had it glad your still here. I work at the Detroit VA hospital and have been knee deep in it since late february. My wife wife works at the Detroit Childrens Hospital and luckily no one in our house has had it, especially since my wife and youngest daughter have really bad asthma. I have seen things that changed me this year, and we arent seeing anyone for thanksgiving and likely no one on christmas. My kids district hasn't been in person since march and as much as a burden as its been on us having to work in the hospital its been a blessing cause no one has been sick. Hope you all stay safe out there in the coming weeks, I fear the dread coming in January after the holidays. Hope to see a lot of build reports and no bad news.
Who the hell is Bucky?

m-Kresol

all the best and a speedy recovery Gordo and everyone else affected.

Austria has been ignoring the exponential increase in cases since spring (other than increasing steadily - like +5 every week - it basically multiplies itself in the the same timeframe) as numbers were still low overall. Until the point were it hits you hard and fast. We are back to lockdown and most things are closed now. Despite masks, regular hand sanitations and keeping distance, apparently things need to get worse before they improve (numbers are slowly getting better after first week of hard lockdown). Nevertheless, reports of affected people at work (we're one of the largest employers around) are coming in, also of people I work with directly.
Not sure how this will play out and frankly I'm sceptic about immunisation shots after such a short time of development and trials. Not my area of expertise, but something I'll read up on before commiting. I just hope that things improve enough so I can visit family on christmas. It would suck to stay home alone because of this (although my german coworkers already plan to stay due to possible quarantines when crossing borders).

Stay safe everyone
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials