News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I had a little bit of that too, I though it was just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

DLW

Swollen pit lymph nodes occurs in almost everybody with arm vaccines, but only few people may notice. Not a problem at all. That's the location of the draining lymph node where T and B cells are making shit happen.

EBK

Quote from: DLW on April 28, 2021, 12:40:07 PM
Swollen pit lymph nodes occurs in almost everybody with arm vaccines, but only few people may notice. Not a problem at all. That's the location of the draining lymph node where T and B cells are making shit happen.
If I can feel my T and B cells "making shit happen", it may actually help my general anxiety level.  (My first shot is Friday morning.)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

DLW

Quote from: EBK on April 28, 2021, 01:16:30 PM
Quote from: DLW on April 28, 2021, 12:40:07 PM
If I can feel my T and B cells "making shit happen", it may actually help my general anxiety level.  (My first shot is Friday morning.)

NGL, that second shot kicked my ass, but 1. that means it's priming a strong immune response and 2. the side effects go away 100% in short order. A week after your final dose, your life can return to normal. Let that sink in... As an example, you can run to the store to get a snack and not have to question whether or not that little snack is worth putting yourself or a friend/family member in the hospital.

culturejam

Got my second Moderna shot today. So far, no symptoms or side effects (just like the first one). I did get a brief swollen lymph node about 45 minutes after the shot, but it was gone in about an hour.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

My first Moderna shot is a couple hours from now.  I hate needles. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 30, 2021, 04:54:36 AM

I used to get allergy shots every week. Best thing to do is shake out your arm a bit and let your muscles completely relax; like your arm is just dangling off the side of your body relaxed. It makes it hurt way less, probably not at all if you can really relax those muscles.

Where they'll jab you for this one is in fat not muscle so you shouldn't feel much of anything.

EBK

It's not the pain of the needles that bugs me.  Hard to explain.  Some kind of panic response in my brain, perhaps.  I tend to feel nauseated immediately after a needle poke.  Sometimes I sweat a lot too or feel lightheaded.
Blood draws are far worse for me than injections (but the sight of blood doesn't bother me at all).

Update: The shot is in.  So far, so good.

gordo

The needle thing is way more common than you'd think.  In a more normal situation (not the "next!" approach to Covid) a nurse that's paying attention to any body language will have you lie down in case you decide to hit the deck.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

davent

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 30, 2021, 05:17:19 AM

I used to get allergy shots every week. Best thing to do is shake out your arm a bit and let your muscles completely relax; like your arm is just dangling off the side of your body relaxed. It makes it hurt way less, probably not at all if you can really relax those muscles.

Where they'll jab you for this one is in fat not muscle so you shouldn't feel much of anything.

Felt my shot as a very mild prick, hardly noticeable, not what i was expecting, get blood drawn too regularly and that's a far more noticeable sensation but again not painful.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

Quote from: davent on April 30, 2021, 09:08:21 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on April 30, 2021, 05:17:19 AM

Felt my shot as a very mild prick, hardly noticeable, not what i was expecting, get blood drawn too regularly and that's a far more noticeable sensation but again not painful.

dave

Yeah, a good phlebotomist makes a world of difference when you get blood drawn (I have a fair amount of experience with that as well.)

Quote from: EBK on April 30, 2021, 05:27:27 AM
It's not the pain of the needles that bugs me.  Hard to explain.  Some kind of panic response in my brain, perhaps.  I tend to feel nauseated immediately after a needle poke.  Sometimes I sweat a lot too or feel lightheaded.
Blood draws are far worse for me than injections (but the sight of blood doesn't bother me at all).

Update: The shot is in.  So far, so good.

Yeah, I get it. It is a pretty unnatural way for something to enter our bodies, your instincts are probably just kicking in a little, nothing wrong with that IMO.

Hope side effects are mild, other than the desire to go to gigs again ;)

jkokura

Been a couple days now, and I had some strong arm soreness, and some sore throat symptoms, but nothing I was worried about. My wife, who has chronic fatigue and may have Fibro Mialga (another story) had similar symptoms, but also has felt a lot more drained. We expected it, and aren't worried at all.

We are some of the first 30 year olds in our province to get the shot. It's 40 and up most other places, but here in the North they had extra doses.

Looks like second dose is supposed to be in August.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Had Mod Jab #1 yesterday with my wife.  Felt really good for 6 hours, then outright crashed (i.e. slept) for 12 hours, and today feel fine beside a little injection pain.  Bonnie didn't fair quite as well,  joint pain and general lethargy today, but she typically has those reactions to the flu shot as well.

#2 scheduled second week of June.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 07, 2021, 02:48:24 PM
Had Mod Jab #1 yesterday with my wife.  Felt really good for 6 hours, then outright crashed (i.e. slept) for 12 hours, and today feel fine beside a little injection pain.  Bonnie didn't fair quite as well,  joint pain and general lethargy today, but she typically has those reactions to the flu shot as well.

#2 scheduled second week of June.

Which one did the two of you get? Very busy at the venue?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?