News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blackout Effectors Cadavernous Reverberator V2

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 04:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Well, I have no idea what's under the hood on this one but I'll be finding out soon. I finally decided to pull the trigger on one so I can see what's going on in there. I'm hoping to be able to trace the circuit and see if it's something that would be (or could be made) DIY friendly.
I'll post some updates here once I have a chance to look it over a little bit...........
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

madbean

There doesn't seem to be any gutshots out there.

Drew Hallenbeck

I know. I was looking around a few days ago and couldn't find much of anything.
I'll definitely be sure to post some good pictures here once I get it.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: DLW on February 10, 2021, 05:46:31 AM
Is this helpful?

That's awesome!
Did you get that directly from them?
I recently picked up (and posted about) a partial Whetstone Phaser kit from a seller on eBay.
He recently listed more of them and I wondered if maybe there was a sale of unused parts when they went out of business....?
Would love to get my hands on something like that for the Cadavernous too!

madbean

It would be easy to trace the PCB in that state with front and back pictures. It looks like the BTDR-3 is used.

DLW

Yeah, I saw your post and contacted the seller. He sent me that image. Sometimes it's best to go straight to the source :)

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: DLW on February 10, 2021, 07:06:02 AM
Yeah, I saw your post and contacted the seller. He sent me that image. Sometimes it's best to go straight to the source :)

I sent him a message asking if there was any chance he had something like this for the Cadavernous too but never got a response.....
Maybe I'll give him another shout.

Drew Hallenbeck

Ha!
Just checked my messages on Ebay again and I had the same picture in my inbox  ;D

Drew Hallenbeck

So, he had two kits for the reverb that were listed yesterday. He sent me a heads up message that I almost didn't see in time. I got the last one!
I've been pretty impressed with the sound of this one for a long time and I've gotta say, I'm pretty surprised that it seems to be a pretty simple circuit based around the Belton Brick. I'm looking forward to digging into this one for sure!

DLW

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on February 12, 2021, 04:15:30 AM
So, he had two kits for the reverb that were listed yesterday. He sent me a heads up message that I almost didn't see in time. I got the last one!
I've been pretty impressed with the sound of this one for a long time and I've gotta say, I'm pretty surprised that it seems to be a pretty simple circuit based around the Belton Brick. I'm looking forward to digging into this one for sure!

I got the other one! Thanks for putting this on my radar :)

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: DLW on February 12, 2021, 04:43:10 AM

Nice!
I also ordered a used one from Guitar Center that's supposed to be delivered today. Did it before I knew there were going to be any of these "kits" listed. Figured I could open it up and take a crack at tracing the circuit myself. It'll definitely be easier now having an unpopulated board to look over. I'd be happy to share some detailed gut shots of the original if you're interested......

DLW

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on February 12, 2021, 04:51:51 AM
Quote from: DLW on February 12, 2021, 04:43:10 AM

Nice!
I also ordered a used one from Guitar Center that's supposed to be delivered today. Did it before I knew there were going to be any of these "kits" listed. Figured I could open it up and take a crack at tracing the circuit myself. It'll definitely be easier now having an unpopulated board to look over. I'd be happy to share some detailed gut shots of the original if you're interested......

It doesn't look like we'll get much detailed into on the wiring, so gut shots would be VERY helpful. Thanks!

Sonicblaze

Would any of you that bought kits and were able to assemble them, happen to have a build doc?  I got a kit a long time ago I just unearthed and trying to assemble.  I have a cutsheet of what values of what go where, but nothing on a lot of the actual wiring (like the 10-wire-header along the bottom).

jimilee

That is where the 10 pin reverb brick mounts. The reverb pins numbers are labeled on the brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.