News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first build - GreenBean2019

Started by redkurn, February 18, 2021, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

It's alive!!
I had to sub a film cap for a ceramic, but it sounds fine as far as I can tell on my little test bench amp plucking a few strings.

mjg

Nice!  It will be the first build of many, I'm sure. 

redkurn

Quote from: mjg on February 18, 2021, 10:59:57 PM

I have a bazz fuzz from diyguitarpedals I'm waiting for that to come in since Jan. 30th and 5 more MBP sitting here, 2 with all the parts and 3 waiting.

Vfe the triplet, triumvirate and alpha dog.
The impv2 and snarkdoodle.

Had to sub a few things here and there, but seems from this pedal I did ok ok that, except I had to sub a 1/4w in place of a 1/8w... really hoping that doesn't bite me in the end as far as space and functionality.

Having a blast though, boxing this one in a lawn green 125b from tayda tomorrow hopefully, I've got a amp cab build going using a set of older stereo speakers that are 8Ohm 10". Also hoping that works out since I ordered a joyo zombie and don't know where to start building my own amp just yet... much less which to pick other than what features I'd want.

I know for sure I'd want a amp head that has:
Mid high low knobs
Tube driven
Old school peg board
2 channels
Pedal friendly
Easy to source and rather cheap parts where possible
Maybe easy to follow directions

matmosphere

Excellent! Looking good. It's a fun hobby to get into.

Quote from: redkurn on February 19, 2021, 12:02:33 AM
Quote from: mjg on February 18, 2021, 10:59:57 PM

Had to sub a few things here and there, but seems from this pedal I did ok ok that, except I had to sub a 1/4w in place of a 1/8w... really hoping that doesn't bite me in the end as far as space and functionality.

It's no big deal, just put them in with one side standing a little. You can basically make a right triangle with the resistor itself being the hypotenuse and it won't stick up any higher than an IC in a socket, or a decent sized electrolytic cap. I've done it plenty of times. Just take care to make sure that none of the exposed leads are touching.

Lots of older electronics have resistors that just stand straight up and one lead just curves back down, it doesn't matter as long as they aren't making contact with anything.

redkurn

I'll keep that in mind, especially if the 1/8w next to the sub can't be moved over a tiny bit to squeeze in.

PapaKev

redkurn

Thank you all for the comments, I really thought I was going to botch this bad even though I have hand tool experience. 😂
Now all it needs is a sick graphic, labels and Modded TS-808 on it, waiting on bean to let me know if I can use the bean image from here and link a PSD if he would.

This one without the star part I think would say exactly GreenBean. ;D