News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tag team builds

Started by gordo, April 14, 2021, 02:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

One of the things that I love about this community is seeing other folks stuff.  It's not only inspiring to see the stuff, but to actually own it makes it that much more personal.  My stuff is my stuff but for some reason when someone else's work is involved it takes it to the next level.  It's sort of like a sandwich tasting better when someone makes it for you.

I have 3 builds that are a real honor to own and here's one of them:

I'd commented on one of jjjimi84's artwork, involving a rabbit, that it made me miss an old pet.  Nilla was the rabbit's name and although she's been gone for a long time now it's always insanely difficult to put a pet down at the end of their time.

I get a note saying "send me a picture and I'll paint you up an enclosure".  It's overly generous but I'm certainly not going pass up this opportunity.  I decide to put an Aion Naos (Yamaha OD-10MII) in the enclosure and off we go.

I just got this in the mail this afternoon and stuffed the guts into it and am thrilled to death:

Thanks again Dan!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

Wow great artwork by Dan and great stuff there Gordo. I'm very grateful for this little corner of the internet and I get a lot of inspiration from all of you here

Thewintersoldier

Love it! And yes losing a pet is hard. Looks great and I love the one Dan made for me and I'm doing one for him. This is such a cool place and I love how we all help/encourage/inspire each other.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That's really fantastic and incredibly nice. I thought you were talking about a certain ruby red phaser with a blue LED..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

That's super, great collaboration! Our Holland lop will be nine this summer and in great health but she that's getting old for a rabbit.

Great work guys!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

PapaKev

It's glorious. Really nice.

jjjimi84

The knob selection looks perfect, I am really happy how this turned out. Glad to be a part of it!

How does it sound?

gordo

That was yet another one.  "Dorothy" has been out on the road for a while now with a buddy of mine and I suspect it will be a long time before I see her again.  The fact that I don't have photos is very strange.
Gordy Power

lrgaraujo

Such a nice story and a very good looking build!

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on April 14, 2021, 05:47:47 PM
That was yet another one.  "Dorothy" has been out on the road for a while now with a buddy of mine and I suspect it will be a long time before I see her again.  The fact that I don't have photos is very strange.
Wow, I feel honored. It's a pretty solid build.

I was gonna include a gut shot, but there's enough wire in there to wire a second pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

So cool! Really great looking and what a fab collaboration!
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Quote from: jimilee on April 14, 2021, 06:57:21 PM
I was gonna include a gut shot, but there's enough wire in there to wire a second pedal.

Ha!!  I'm glad you have a shot of it.  I believe I'd offered to put a soft touch switch in it before it went out but he was scared he'd never get it back...
Gordy Power

matmosphere

That is awesome! it does beg the question; what are the other 2?

I have a couple that I think are particularly cool. I went through a period where I tried to assemble a board with pedals from guys that post here, but I never got a chance to finish it. Long term project so hopefully I'll get back to it at some point. I've got Brian's Multiplex (its home on my main board is probably partially responsible for this not happening yet), a few pedals by Midwayfair, a tremolo Rej built, a rust bucket that Felix built, and a couple others. It's lacking some dirt, and I just realized if I'm going to do it right it has to have a phaser, anybody know somebody that is into phasers?

Bio77

Very cool. 8)  The personal touch is awesome. Dan's the man. 

m-Kresol

collabs are always fun. I'm still amazed by dminner's enclosure he did for our reverb project. Good times before he did the electronics himself ;)

very nice job of both of you!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials