News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Inspired by Brian's generosity and want to see if we can do more together.

Started by matmosphere, March 08, 2022, 02:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we call this?

Decent Noise
0 (0%)
Svoboda Pedalworks
2 (12.5%)
Sovereign Stompboxes  or Sovereignty Stompworks.
1 (6.3%)
Pedals for People, or Pedal Aid
2 (12.5%)
Pedals For Ukraine
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 13, 2022, 03:44:06 AM

matmosphere

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 09, 2022, 06:28:18 PM
Is there a time frame on this? I don't wanna commit to something and not make the deadline. To order everything and have it done to the standard I want and then build it could be weeks before I have everything on my bench. Once it's here it's a couple hours but we all know how shipping is lol.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I'd say whatever you feel like you could do would be greatly appreciated.

With all the interest and looking at 10 plus pedals I think the best thing to do might be to stagger things and do maybe two or three pedals a week. I think this might be bigger than I was originally thinking so my original timeline of getting something up early next week might be a little ambitious.

Once we have 3 or 4 ready to go we can get started raising the money. I'm thinking we could do a couple a week and other builds will start trickling in to keep it going for a while.

Personally I plan on focusing on what I have on hand. I have enough stuff on hand to build at least one or two more, need to find the time though. Someone made the suggestion of new artwork for old builds, which is cool idea. I might run with that a little too, I have a couple I might just sand down and make new artwork for.

Over the next couple of day could you guys let me know a realistic timeline for getting a pedal done, be it next week, or next month, just so I have an idea and start planning a launch. I'm thinking once three or four are done we can get something started online.

fig

"Pedals for People"  ......spitballing.....

Perhaps as an alternative folks could also make cash donations ? 

I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

storyboardist

What about something like "Stomps for Aid"? Might be confusing if we come up with something that sounds more like an actual pedal company and not a collective DIY effort to raise funds for aid groups.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

jessenator

jimilee

Madbeaners for Ukrain

Beaners for Ukrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

madbean

I'd rather the name not be attached to me since this is matmosphere's project. It shouldn't promote madbeanpedals in any way.

jimilee

Let's keep it simple and not try to over think it. Pedals for Ukraine says what we are trying to do.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Quote from: jimilee on March 10, 2022, 03:29:28 PM
Let's keep it simple and not try to over think it. Pedals for Ukraine says what we are trying to do.

Sweet, simple and very to the point I like this. I was going to do a poll but I'm just gonna ask what do you guys think.

Quote from: madbean on March 10, 2022, 01:45:12 PM
I'd rather the name not be attached to me since this is matmosphere's project. It shouldn't promote madbeanpedals in any way.

Thanks Brian, you are awesome. I don't want it to be about you, or me for that mater, I will do as much work as needed on this but I really want it to be a group thing. I also wouldn't want to tie the name to it so others feel welcome to get involved as well.

Quote from: Bio77 on March 10, 2022, 12:36:39 PM
Magic Beans, DIY support for those that stand up to giants

Thought I really like the sentiment of this!

Alright so we need to decide on some charities to donate to. I have already mentioned the world Kitchen, and the Red Cross (thought I have to figure out exactly which one) but I'd also like to find some organization that is specifically helping kids. One of the things that was pointed out to me is that of the Two Million that have fled Ukraine they are disproportionately women and children. The Ukrainian government has said men between the ages of 18 and 60 can't leave. I want to do a little research, but if anyone has a suggestion for a good organization please let me know.

I've have talked to a few people who have done it and it seems like the model where donations are made directly to the organizations and proof is show worked well for them, so I suggest that is what we use, unless there is an objection or someone has a concern with that model.

I'll put up a poll for the name soon, once that happens I plan on starting a gmail account and an instagram account.

matmosphere

Added the poll, it would only let me do five so I went with the ones I liked best.

madbean

benny_profane

Here's a list of possible charities with a focus on medical and food aid and refugee assistance:
+ International Medical Corps
+ Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors without Borders)
+ ICRC / Ukrainian Red Cross Society
+ UN
   + UNICEF (USA)
   + World Food Programme
   + UNHCR
+ Heart to Heart International
+ International Rescue Committee
+ Save the Children

https://www.dec.org.uk/ - Disasters Emergency Committee has some UK-based charities active in Ukraine.

I avoided listing faith-based organizations to keep the list inclusive of everyone. However, there are some that have good reach within Ukraine. Organizations include Catholic Relief Services and World Vision.

Anything chosen should be vetted (e.g., charity watch or charity navigator) and it should be confirmed they're actually working in the Ukrainian context.

storyboardist

I dig PFUKR as well. Here's a couple quick logo ideas for stickers or if anyone wants to incorporate it into artwork.

I'm partial to the middle one personally
Guy behind Effects Layouts

peccary

Those look fantastic. I was drawn to the second one as well, but also really like the third.

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on March 11, 2022, 05:21:07 AM
Pedals For Ukraine. Hmmm. PFUKR.

I know how I'm voting.
;D

;D ;D

That is pretty excellent! Good catch

Quote from: storyboardist on March 11, 2022, 11:15:47 AM
I dig PFUKR as well. Here's a couple quick logo ideas for stickers or if anyone wants to incorporate it into artwork.

I'm partial to the middle one personally

I really like all of these but the second one stands out the most to me.

It's looking like there is a clear winner for the name at this point. Still leave the voting open for a bit though and see if it changes.