News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Forum ettiquette question

Started by Carlsoti, July 28, 2022, 05:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsoti

I hope I put this in the right place.  ;D I've got a pedal on my bench for repair, and I'm banging my head against the wall. It's not a madbean project, but the actual pedal that the Rustbucket was based on, a vintage EHX Attack Decay. A friend got it in lieu of payment for some equipment a store sold on his behalf. The pandemic hit, and things went wonky, so this was the best they could do. Someone has definitely been in this box before, and I'm trying my best to not change anything that doesn't need to be.

Would it be bad form to ask for help in the tech prob sub forum, under the guise of Rustbucket help? The power section is a bit different, and the only guy that REALLY knows these would likely be Howard Davis, but he's been MIA for a bit, or at least, not responding to inquiries on his website. I'm out of ideas, save for swapping to all new chips, etc.
"We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams..."

jimilee

That would be ok. If you had a schematic that would be super helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Are you kidding, there's a bunch of EHX geeks around here.  This'll be fun!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

The mbp forum is open to all DIY pedal endeavors. There's no etiquette to observe other than (reasonable) manners!

NorthCoast

Quote from: Carlsoti on July 28, 2022, 05:20:23 PM
a vintage EHX Attack Decay.

One of the big ones from the 70s? I would love to see some pics!
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

matmosphere

This sounds like a job for Scruffie

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

Carlsoti

I'll start a new post and put a link in here when it's up. I'm still waiting for my caffeine to kick in.

Carlsoti