News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cupcake Grounding Issue

Started by Matt Gnarly, February 11, 2012, 10:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gnarly

Hey folks, I finished (I thought) populating and wiring up the Cupcake compressor and figured I'd try it out and am getting a super loud humming, sounds like it isn't grounded. It is not boxed up, which is what I'm assuming is the problem (still waiting on enclosures), so is there a way I should be grounding it for now?

jimmybjj

does the effect work? Without that knowledge and/or pics or your wiring and circuit it would be darn near impossible to tell if your ground correctly or whatever problem you may have. I think one of the more common mistakes is not grounding both jacks when not boxed. Post some pics and details as to function, and some of the guys may be able to help you out.
Pcbs no longer available

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: jimmybjj on February 11, 2012, 11:07:43 PM
does the effect work? Without that knowledge and/or pics or your wiring and circuit it would be darn near impossible to tell if your ground correctly or whatever problem you may have. I think one of the more common mistakes is not grounding both jacks when not boxed. Post some pics and details as to function, and some of the guys may be able to help you out.

It was indeed caused by not grounding both jacks, works like a champ now, Thanks Jimmy!