News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

03.18 - PreOrders are available

Started by madbean, March 18, 2012, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramengo

can i see the "mini" rat?? i have just a box drilled! I'll see if i can use this!

madbean

I'm working on the Baby Board documentation right now, so I will start uploading them probably today. I decided to take the next week or so off from project development so I can get all the docs done and finish boxing up some builds and doing demos.

Couple quick answers
The compressor does not have a clean blend. It's basically the Flatline.
The Booster is not based on anything specific, but it's not too far off from a Micro-Amp. It's a very simple buffer then boost run off a split rail supply. I really really like the booster, so I will for sure get the demo done on that ASAP.

Ice-o

ramengo

neiloler

Ordered one of each (except for the Cave Dweller, I've etched two of those boards myself)!

I'm way excited!
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

madbean

The Baby Board docs are all up. I will also be doing a general build/ordering guide for the Baby Boards that will cover the types of components that should be used. I should have that completed tomorrow. Other docs will go up as I knock them out.

ckim715

Brian, the Smoothie calls for a 2N5952. I have like 50 J201 JFETs. Could I sub in the J201s without any other modification to the circuit?
-Charlie

madbean

The Smoothie actually lists 2N5457 as the default transistor, not the 2N5952. Fortunately, the J201 has the same pinout as the 2N5457. I have not built a Phase45 with J201, but I don't know that it WON'T work, either. You might check DIYSB---I bet someone there has reported on using J201 at some point. Vgs is rated differently between the two devices, FWIW.

ckim715

Thanks. I do know of the discrepancy of Vgs, I think someone at DIYSB actually did use J201s. I figure I can just socket the position and try it out; worst case scenario, I just get some 2N5457s. Thanks, Bean.
-Charlie

madbean

Cool, yeah let us know (in a few weeks) how it turns out with the J201!

Chi_Boy

I've built a Phase 90 with J201's and it sounds fine.  They were a recamended "upgrade."

neiloler

OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

theviper21

Ordered an Afterlife and can't wait for it to ship!!

madbean

CherryBomb and Mudbunny docs have been updated.

marmaliser

Any chance of dimensions for each baby board ?