News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Darkside Pop? UPDATE: 4.5v DC on the output?!

Started by neiloler, April 02, 2012, 12:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

Hey guys,

Just got done with my Darkside build, used BAT41 diodes and the "stock" transistors per the project guidelines. I'm loving the sound, especially with my new Agile Les Paul copy, it's really thick but still sounds great and not nearly as gainy (and thus grainy) as the Muff I've been using for years. I dig it.

My problem is this:

I get a huge pop when I switch the pedal on and off. Anyone else run into this? Anything else I could take a look at to see if I missed something that I could switch up to eliminate the pop?

UPDATE:

I'm finding that I get 4.5v DC on the output when the LED is off (the FX is bypassed [buffer only]). This doesn't seem right! I've checked out all resistors and caps for value and polarity. Nothing out of place. Any glaringly obvious points I could have botched? The switch wiring is fine too.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

neiloler

neiloler

Iiiiiiiiiiiii'm an idiot. Haha. Solder bridge on the voltage side of R6 and R7, bypassing the coupling cap and letting the DC onto the output. I got it.

nzCdog

Just be careful man... that 4.5V on the input side could have cooked your pickups.  Always worth taking the time to check those bridges!

neiloler

It was on the output, but I didn't think about that! I'll definitely be careful. Just when I think I'm safe from stupid mistakes. Sheesh. :)