News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Reverb

Started by aflynt, April 15, 2012, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aflynt

I finally got around to building this. It's a dual Hermida / GGG Reverb in a 1790ns with AMZ switching. I tried to get it to look like my '68 Showman since I'll be using it to provide reverb on both channels of that amp. It is designed to sit on top of it (hence the jack locations). It took a long time to assemble wire up. Like 7 hours or so. I think I may be doing it wrong. :) It worked first shot, though, and sounds great.

-Aaron

jimmybjj

fantastic, great results!
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

Heck of of build!  Wonderful.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sgmezei

Wow that turned out great! I have been following your reverb builds and this turned out superb!

Mich P

Hey silverface !
Great build,
Congrats.
Mich P.

nzCdog

Class act!  Great work , thats fantastic

pickdropper

That's a great looking build.  I particularly like the graphics paired with those knobs.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Wow. Most excellent and tidy inside and out. Congrats!

jubal81

Gadzooks! That's inspiring. It's been really cool to follow how you designed the boards and got to this bad boy. You even went all out with relay switching. Congrats, bud. This is a masterpiece!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

That's pretty awesome.  :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

aflynt

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't really take too much credit for the graphics since I basically just copied the aesthetics of the Fender faceplate.

I tried it on a job this morning and it worked well, but since we played in a Gymnasium it was a bit difficult to really hear it. After messing around with it later this afternoon, I discovered that jumpering the two reverbs together in series and running them both at once sounds really really lush. It's funny because one side sounds slightly different than the other (I'm guessing that would be the tolerance of the carbon films coming into play) when played separately but together they kind of meld into one and add density to the effect. The only down side is that it gets a bit noisy when running both. I'm wondering if using metal film resistors would help that. Now I'm contemplating a version that uses two with a dual ganged mix pot and a "density" switch that toggles between one and two.

-Aaron

aflynt

A few better pictures:

-Aaron

raulduke

That is seriously awesome.

Really nice PCB design as well.

mjcyates

That's some great work inside there! Great job!

gtr2

When running these in series the noise is most likely from the "bricks"  Just like running two pt2399's in series.  They add noise that needs more filtering.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer