News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Face w/ volt converter under a $1 almost under ¢25... smd and 1590a content

Started by jimmybjj, July 17, 2012, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

...See, under a dollar :) It was a TIGHT squeeze but its all there including the charge pump. All of the resistors are SMD on the back of the board, pointed out by the pen. Their is gold fleck in the green that matches the brass knobs. The knobs are spent brass from 40cal rounds. I didn't have any knobs laying around that worked with the pedal and the brass was on the bench, so i had a aha moment. Fuzz = cops, cops shoot bullets, maybe its a stretch :) Finish is dual stage powdercoating including the lettering.

I have a couple of extra boards is anyone is interested in trying smd. $6 shipped

Pcbs no longer available

greyscales

Those knobs... are killer.  ;)
Very cool all around. Those resistors are tiny.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Awesome all around.

The finish is indeed really spiffy. Is it just a powdercoat, or is there something else going on?

pickdropper

Fantastic.  The entire thing.

I may have to use the bullet knob idea if you don't mind.  What a great idea for 1590a builds.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Wow, looks perfect, everything gets nicely together.

I would take one of those board if you don't mind. 8)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pryde

HappyCircuits

That is really slick! I'd also be interested in a board if you still have any.

-A.P.

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliment guys.

Quote from: gtr2 on July 17, 2012, 06:31:00 PM
Love the powdercoat work as well as the board!

Thanks! The board came out good except that stupid batch number they put right over the fuzz face label, its hard to see from the pics i posted.

Quote from: midwayfair on July 17, 2012, 06:51:07 PM
The finish is indeed really spiffy. Is it just a powdercoat, or is there something else going on?

thanks, just powdercoat. applied one coat, vinyl mask, applied second coat, remove mask. The process is all about timing and getting the masking off before it melts.

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 17, 2012, 07:04:09 PM
I would take one of those board if you don't mind. 8)

Quote from: HappyCircuits on July 17, 2012, 09:27:31 PM
That is really slick! I'd also be interested in a board if you still have any.

Sure, I'll pm you.

Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

jimmybjj

Quote from: jtn191 on July 18, 2012, 09:33:49 AM
I'm interested in a board! Are those standard 16 mm pots?

Pm'd, yes they are standard 16mm pots. They are not board mounted. The holes are spaced for 9mm pots but I've never worked with 9mm pots so I'm not sure how that would work. The only pots I could find are the ones with tabs on the side. I don't know if those tabs need to grounded or what.
Pcbs no longer available

midwayfair

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 18, 2012, 09:49:16 AMThe holes are spaced for 9mm pots but I've never worked with 9mm pots so I'm not sure how that would work. The only pots I could find are the ones with tabs on the side. I don't know if those tabs need to grounded or what.

Smallbear has the kind with just three little PCB tabs. I think Das Musikding has them, too, at a reasonable price (E2.25) for everyone in Europe.

jimmybjj

Quote from: midwayfair on July 18, 2012, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: jimmybjj on July 18, 2012, 09:49:16 AMThe holes are spaced for 9mm pots but I've never worked with 9mm pots so I'm not sure how that would work. The only pots I could find are the ones with tabs on the side. I don't know if those tabs need to grounded or what.

Smallbear has the kind with just three little PCB tabs. I think Das Musikding has them, too, at a reasonable price (E2.25) for everyone in Europe.

Thanks, I couldn't find the ones I want on there. I was specifically looking for the ones with right angle pins so I could board mount them, the ones with straight pins don't help much in this context.
Pcbs no longer available