News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your favorite solo

Started by night-B, July 18, 2012, 05:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I'm going to be married on saturday. My wife has been really cool with my addiction to pedal stuff ( hours of soldering, painting, web browsing, paypal bills etc...) so I wanna play a guitar solo during our wedding as a gift.
I'll use my pedal gear and a friend's les paul custom, vox night train.
So I wanna know what's your favorite love song guitar solo, to help me decide wich one should I play (considering I won't have a lot of time to train). I already know Still loving you from Scorpions, nothing else matters of Metallica, november rain from the guns and some stuff like that.

Thanks!

pryde

Since I've Been Loving You- Zep

Best-solo-ever. full of emotion, dynamics, passion and all that other gooey stuff  ;D

gtr2

Wow!  I would have never been able to play at my own wedding.  I had a hard enough time not passing out due to the overwhelming emotions/nervousness.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

slimtriggers

How about the solo to Love Song by Tesla?  It's an iconic solo, and not too technically challenging, so it wouldn't be impossible to learn by Saturday

Congrats, BTW :)

juansolo

Me surely? ;)

My vote goes to this (EDIT: just noticed you were after a love song.... whoops!):

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

marmaliser

We had a band at our wedding and our first dance was to Always with you always with me by Joe Satriani.  F'ing Brilliant

night-B

I'm not a nervous guy, I always felt sleepy during my tests and exams, and said "ok cool" when I knew I graduate. Lol
I'm only nervous while debugging pedals and waiting for parts or pcbs in the mail box  ;)

night-B

Thanks for all your ideas, I will give it a try tonight while she's asleep. I love Satriani but this is a challenge out of reach..

PerS

Hi

Congrat's man...

There are some good choices you got there- Here is another one in two versions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_GYuW-Mkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj8bsn2fwzE&feature=related

Have a fanstastic day

/Per
//Per

eldanko

I pulled out "Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton at my wedding.  She dug it.  Easy to play, but just downright sexy.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

crash

Cryin - Satch
For the love of god - Vai

night-B

I agree, wonderful tonight is sexy and charming, I will give it a try  ;)

jkokura

Seriously? Nobody picked up on "Han Solo"? Really?

Ok, two series recommendations. I consistently aim for the tone in this song, and I think it's attainable to learn it. There's a great Mayer/Urban version out there too.

Here's another good romantic song that's not too difficult

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

night-B

Never heard of Urban before and, man he has got a lot of feeling, will check for more songs of him ;)