News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt - Build Report

Started by gtr2, November 21, 2010, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I love the upper pots and the lettering  ;)
300mm for a cap? Looks like you gonna drill the enclosure to let it breathe outside of the box  ;D

gtr2

Yes, some of those caps are huge!!  They definitely won't work with some of the tight layouts.  I see mammoth stocks these caps now.  I honestly can say those caps really don't need to be in this build, but I liked how they looked.   ;D  Since I started buying caps in bulk, I haven't purchased these since.  Their just to pricey to use for multiple builds, even at mammoths prices.  But if I was building audiophile stuff, I'd buy them in a heartbeat!  I need to dust this pedal off any play it a little, it's been living an easy life sitting on the shelf...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

B_of_H

Quote from: jkokura on March 01, 2011, 01:30:36 PM
Something interesting about this circuit is that there's a significant cut in sound when you switch the octave effect on and off. It's not often built with that function on a stomp because people generally don't like the sound break. It's better to have it on a toggle, at least as most people have built it.

Jacob

I just ordered a pcb for this.  Maybe i'll incorporate a trim pot to cut the volume slightly when the octave is off via the footswitch and dial it in for unity output.

I definitely want the octave effect on a footswitch, I have enough issues just switching on the fly with my feet as is.  When I get it built up i'll play around with it and come up with a diagram.

cheers