News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

BC is looking really tough. I'm an Als fan, but I see them going out with a whimper this year.
I love annoying the newsroom with CFL talk. Sometimes I make the agate clerk put the standings in the paper.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

I think CFL is by far the most exciting football to watch. I wish I still had Cable to watch TSN.

And since there's no hockey... Any thoughts on the lockout?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

Quote from: timbo_93631 on October 24, 2012, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: juansolo on October 24, 2012, 01:04:34 PM
Ooooh no, I'm far too unfit to do running ;) I do this: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/motas/juno14.html

That beer shop is ideal as it's en-route or there abouts for us and it stocks Oude Beesel. Stonking!

Whole E Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you have a FIA license?  I fall asleep semi-dreaming about driving on tracks like Spa all the time.  Seriously.  Your pedals are always cool, but you sir are cooler.

Lol, no. Sadly the budget to race in the series that car belongs in (VdeV/Speed) is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond our pockets. It's a co-owned track toy with a friend of mine and we take it around circuits and just drive it on track days. Anything competitive takes the cost stratospheric. So it's just for fun.

Neither of us working at the moment and about £2k of work needed on it mean that next year we might only get to use it once or twice. As such it'll be Spa most likely. Best track I've ever driven on.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GermanCdn

You don't need cable to watch the games, tsn.ca uploads all of the games (sans commercials) to their website the following week.  You do, however, have to listen to Rod Black do play by play (really, there's no one more qualified).  Spent all of last season watching the games in Europe that way.

As far as the lockout goes, meh, I have a hard time listening to rich guys and obscenely rich guys arguing about money.  While I'm sure it has a detrimental effect on the hospitality industry (17th Ave in Calgary is hurting something fierce), besides that it's a non issue for me.  They'll either play or they won't this year, my bet is on not playing.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: Om_Audio on October 24, 2012, 08:32:40 PM
Yo,
I cannot turn off notifications to this topic and it has veered "slightly" off topic for awhile now. Any ideas as to why the notification on/off is not working?
C

Should be working, just uncheck 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic'
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Quote from: jkokura on October 24, 2012, 10:41:56 PM
I think CFL is by far the most exciting football to watch. I wish I still had Cable to watch TSN.

And since there's no hockey... Any thoughts on the lockout?

Jacob
Ahem. No need for cable ...  ;)

http://thefirstrow.eu/
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Speaking of off topic,

Whiskers or clean shaven?

I'm a full-bearder myself.
- David Fair

Om_Audio

I have done that multiple times. No love. No biggie. Thanks
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

Om_Audio

I have done that multiple times. No love. No biggie. Thanks
C

GermanCdn

Quote from: jubal81 on October 24, 2012, 11:06:56 PM
Speaking of off topic,

Clean shaven.  Everytime I try to grow a decent beard, I look like I should be on Breaking Amish, and I'm not down with that.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Speaking of off topic,

Now that's a silly question. The only answer is bearded.

Charles Spurgeon, one of the most quoted men of all time, said,

"Growing a beard is a habit most natural, scriptural, manly and beneficial."

I've also heard it said, that the only reason to shave one's beard is for the pleasure of growing it once more.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

Yo,
I cannot turn off notifications to this topic and it has veered "slightly" off topic for awhile now. Any ideas as to why the notification on/off is not working?
C

Why, this is usually how a klon thread turns out on the gear page... A lot of BS'ing  ;)

Speaking of off topic,

Soul Patch guy myself

Quote from: juansolo on October 24, 2012, 10:53:11 PM
Quote from: timbo_93631 on October 24, 2012, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: juansolo on October 24, 2012, 01:04:34 PM
Ooooh no, I'm far too unfit to do running ;) I do this: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/motas/juno14.html

That beer shop is ideal as it's en-route or there abouts for us and it stocks Oude Beesel. Stonking!

Whole E Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you have a FIA license?  I fall asleep semi-dreaming about driving on tracks like Spa all the time.  Seriously.  Your pedals are always cool, but you sir are cooler.

Lol, no. Sadly the budget to race in the series that car belongs in (VdeV/Speed) is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond our pockets. It's a co-owned track toy with a friend of mine and we take it around circuits and just drive it on track days. Anything competitive takes the cost stratospheric. So it's just for fun.

Neither of us working at the moment and about £2k of work needed on it mean that next year we might only get to use it once or twice. As such it'll be Spa most likely. Best track I've ever driven on.

Jealous!  I'd love to race a car like that once in a while.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on October 25, 2012, 12:17:08 AM
Speaking of off topic,

Soul Patch guy myself

The Soul Patch is just a failure to commit.

;)

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jubal81

Score:
Whiskers lead 3-1
- David Fair

Om_Audio

Quote from: gtr2 on October 25, 2012, 12:17:08 AM
Yo,
C

Why, this is usually how a klon thread turns out on the gear page... A lot of BS'ing  ;)

Josh
hah
10-4
How 'bout them Dodgers?
;D
C