News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.28 - New Project Day

Started by madbean, November 28, 2010, 09:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Double Flush has been released and is ready for consumption. This is an excellent little tremolo that will fit in a 1590B and is relatively cheap to build. Find out more on the Projects page under the "Modulate" section:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

Note that I spent extra time on the documentation for this one. This is the level of detail you can expect on future projects, as well. I'll have pics and sound samples up ASAP in the the Build Reports section of the forum.

Micpoc

Great, been looking forward to this one!   :)

gtr2

Very nice documentation!!!  You're making it to easy  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

crashguitar

Cool! I need a trem on my pedal board.

aziltz

i'm a little confused about the difference between the Balance and Intensity Controls on the new trem.  In my head I'm imagining them both controlling how much Trem gets Trem'd? 

Obviously you felt the need to include both, so I'm just wondering what the real difference is.  Does Intensity affect waveshape at all?

madbean

They are definitely different. The Balance control simply provides variable resistance to mix the modulated and base signals, whereas the Intensity has a more direct effect on the waveform. At minimum it is a fairly gentle ramp and at max it sounds more square (chopper effect).

jkokura

Hey Brian...

Projects are looking good! Can't wait to see more!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

scdesigns

Will this also be produced as a fabbed board in the future? I ask because im curious with future releases will there be the option to either etch our own or buy the fabbed versions?

Thanks

madbean

All projects, insofar that it is practical, will include a single sided version for etching. There may be some in the future that are released directly as fabbed boards. But, nothing that I know of for sure. Even the vibe project has a single sided layout that will fit in a 1590BB.

If this one does well, it will be fabbed...it might even be the same layout. I don't think there is  much hope in making it a lot smaller.

But, the DIY layout is there in the document to be used, too. It's always your choice!

pauloman80

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

aziltz

Quote from: madbean on November 29, 2010, 11:32:56 AM
They are definitely different. The Balance control simply provides variable resistance to mix the modulated and base signals, whereas the Intensity has a more direct effect on the waveform. At minimum it is a fairly gentle ramp and at max it sounds more square (chopper effect).

Thanks for that explanation Brian, I knew there had to be more to it that I saw.  It sounds like a very 'organic' trem for lack of a better word.  Not cookie cutter at all.

Haberdasher

Awesome, you rule Brian.

Incidentally, when the projects page is viewed in opera the modulation section is displaced way off to the right.  (I didn't know which forum to put that in, so I hope here is ok)

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

plesur

This is cool. I was working on a layout for the Trembulator with an output buffer but you beat me to it and added extra icing! I'll definitely be building this one soon.  :)

madbean

I'm so happy to hear people are excited about this one! Keep an eye out for an interesting mod for this one in a couple of weeks....think of what real time control over this one might be like (not tap tempo---something else).

eniacmike

Quote from: madbean on December 01, 2010, 05:23:55 AM
I'm so happy to hear people are excited about this one! Keep an eye out for an interesting mod for this one in a couple of weeks....think of what real time control over this one might be like (not tap tempo---something else).

optical eye? expression pedal?

I just ordered one of these:

excited to add an expression jack to some projects.