News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lil' Green Watter!

Started by nzCdog, November 03, 2012, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Well I had forgotten about this little fella...6 months ago!!!  :o  I  just have so many builds to do. I will get round to it.

Mike

nzCdog

Quote from: fendman on June 29, 2013, 03:39:20 PM
Well I had forgotten about this little fella...6 months ago!!!  :o  I  just have so many builds to do. I will get round to it.

Mike

Do it Mike!  ;D

Quote from: Vallhagen on June 29, 2013, 06:42:44 AM
Foolproof question (statement?): There isnt any black magic going on, right? So: I dont need to connect pin 9 from the tube socket to the board.

Hey Bengt  :) No black magic, I promise.  It's a completely meaningless solder pad just added for completeness.  Ignore it if you wish

QuoteAnother thought, even though i think we play safe: As we are dealing with pretty much more power (and current; 1W in 4Ohms means 0.5A) here, than in "the average stompbox", did you calculate the correct pcb trace width concerning this?
Good question... the pcb traces are plenty big enough for the currents flowing in this circuit... fyi here's a handy calculator

QuoteWell... ill be back pretty soon with the finnished build:)
Awesome, can't wait to see the build pics! 8)

Vallhagen

Quote from: nzCdog on June 30, 2013, 01:09:50 AM

Hey Bengt  :) No black magic, I promise.  It's a completely meaningless solder pad just added for completeness.  Ignore it if you wish

Done, ignored:)

Good question... the pcb traces are plenty big enough for the currents flowing in this circuit... fyi here's a handy calculator
Ah great, you looked over it allready.

Awesome, can't wait to see the build pics! 8)

...youll find it all - including soundclip n stuff - under the "june contest" board:) Edit: Link: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=10415.0

... and to come back to our earlier discussion; i use the N-4 version of the LM386, and it works just fine. I think you can update your build doc with that recommendation (if not allready done? I havent followed all development about this watter the last months).

Cheers mate! Thanx for a great circuit!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

nzCdog

Looks great Bengt, nice build!
I'm glad you like the amp, I've uploaded a new project doc mentioning the N-4 etc in the project thread
*edit whoops wrong link*

thesameage

If anyone is making boards... pm me!

zenless

Normally i'd be nervous of doing amp work, but something that small seems pretty safe to try out. I'd be up for one if someone fabbed some boards!

thesameage

Haberdasher just made one for me. Get in touch with him!

flanagan0718

Love it!! do you have the pcb layout? I have a spare 1 x 12 cab...sounds like something I might have a use for.

P.S. I clicked the "doNOTclick" , yeah sucked me in for about an hour. Being a dog owner I think I might have experienced most of those instances,lol

GrindCustoms

Quote from: flanagan0718 on April 01, 2014, 05:01:29 PM
Love it!! do you have the pcb layout? I have a spare 1 x 12 cab...sounds like something I might have a use for.

P.S. I clicked the "doNOTclick" , yeah sucked me in for about an hour. Being a dog owner I think I might have experienced most of those instances,lol

Layout can be easily found in the Members Projects section, if you don't etch, Haderbasher can make it for you ;)

This is seriously an awesome project, kicks the shit out of a noisy cricket!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

flanagan0718

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 01, 2014, 05:09:52 PM

Layout can be easily found in the Members Projects section, if you don't etch, Haderbasher can make it for you ;)

This is seriously an awesome project, kicks the shit out of a noisy cricket!

Yeah the Noisy Cricket seemed lame by all the videos I watched. Maybe i'll etch myself a board.

nzCdog

Thanks man.  Ha!  Wondered if anyone had clicked it...  hilarious loldogs ftw!  ;D

maiko

Sir corey,

Just wanted to ask do you think this would work with a MJ2955 transistor amplifier right after the output.    with 2 mj2955's power can be raised to 30watts.   But i know mj's work as playback amplifiers.   what cha think.    I really love mine use it alot.    But jamming throught a home stereo the amp just can keep up with the output.   

Chongwen Wang

hi,i have a question,on the  schematic, R1,R2,R12,R13 is 3k3,and at your pcb layout, it change to 1m,why?

nzCdog

Quote from: Chongwen Wang on March 19, 2016, 01:42:11 AM
hi,i have a question,on the  schematic, R1,R2,R12,R13 is 3k3,and at your pcb layout, it change to 1m,why?

Not 3k3.... 3M3! You can follow either schematic, but not a mixture of both.  :)

I see where the confusion is now, a mistake on the build doc which I will fix and re-upload.  They are simply voltage dividing resistors.  Please see this link for the latest doc.  Thanks, and sorry for the confusion :)

Valleyslad

Just came across this little amp, whilst looking at the tube cricket. To my ear this one sounds better. Does anyone have a vero layout or better still a gerber they'd be willing to share?