News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

I reorganized my board some, so here's the result. It's not that pretty but it gets the work done. Volume pedal, expression pedal for the dl-4 and the wah are near by.

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jkokura

Imma just gonna leave this here.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Willybomb

Here's my bass rig pedalboard:

Get one chopping board.
Screw rubber feet into the base.
Attach loop velcro to reverse side.
Add pedals.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cooder

Here's my latest incarnation of pedalmania:
all DIY pedals (except tuner obviously... doh...) on a custom aluminum frame, will post a tutorial on how I made the alu frame board.
(It's here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=17423.msg166588#msg166588)
Pedals are directly screwed onto aluminum base as I use pretty much only 125B with topmounted jacks and the slightly double wider enclosures as pictured (not sure from top of my head what spec number that would be...).
Because of that there's a 'pattern' of screwholes that allows to change pedals freely around.
A few points:
there's a loop box (top left) which I find very handy to stick another pedal or a 'satellite board' in on the fly, the position is basically after drive section before most modulation.
You can see the rechargable battery pack and power filter/regulator (top right) that I posted in this thread http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=16770.msg159087#msg159087
The very left is a 'terminal box' that has input and output jacks located in one place and also a switchable input buffer at the very beginning of it (which puts out two identical signals, one goes further into board, the other could be use un-effected into mixer, recording or whatever...).
Hope you guys enjoy!

and frame only almost finished:
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

That is just beautiful. I love all the pedals, reminds me of some of the same art work my wife used to do. Top mounted jacks for the win also.

Cody

LaceSensor

this is pretty much my board these days
The Dinosaural Preamp is switched for a Dr Scientist Frazz Dazzler, and currently a POG1 sits where the microsynth is.

alanp

Cooder, what is the extra pot and switch on the Dopp 1.4 for?

Love the board build. I know a guy who fabbed a pedalboard out of ply and metal as well, only he put a hinged cover on his (to protect the jacks, pedals, and cables from drunken bogans, as well as to cover it up when he's not using it.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Cheers Alan, the extra pot is a 'Bacon bits' booster which I can engage/bypass with that switch. I do like the Doppelgaenger often on subtle settings where I feel there's a little bit of volume loss. So I can boost signal active if necessary.
The Doppelgaenger is a fab pedal, thanks for the great work on it!
I do have a case that I can put the whole board in for transport.
BigNoise Amplification

cooder

Here's the smaller brother of the bigger board posted above, I use it mainly for acoustic guitar or as a quick 'grab'n go' for electric.
More build pics and details here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=17423.msg166588#msg166588

BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

As impressive as that board/setup is, I'm just about as impressed that you can remember what all those knobs do - especially that one on the corner ...   :o
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on September 15, 2014, 07:51:54 PM
As impressive as that board/setup is, I'm just about as impressed that you can remember what all those knobs do - especially that one on the corner ...   :o

+1.  I'd be lost.

Beautiful boards (and pedals) Cooder.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

Cheers guys,
it's my personal test to see when Alzheimer's get's too close for comfort...
It's actually not that difficult to remember when you've built the stuff yourself I find, spending hours nutting it out helps with memorizing.
I can understand though that it looks like a mess to everyone else.
For most part I use the same logic in layout, most dirt boxes go the usual vol/tone/gain from left to right etc, so there's system in the madness.
Jason: the one that you were pointing out on top right shelf: my partner said when she saw it finished "that looks like a hedgehog"... and bang, the name stuck.
It is  two 5 band eq's (TH custom's excellent mini boards), so knobs are simply two rows of low to high freqs, a selector switch to select which preset is active. I find that very useful as acoustic I play normal steel string (active PU), resonator (passive PU, totally different eq requirement) and Weissenborn lapsteel (active PU).
That allows to have three different sounds preselected: bypass/lower row/upper row. An LED lights up beside row that's active.
Simple and not to hard to remember when you know the guts.

Edit: ...and yes, it was a blimmin' tight fit with topmounted jacks and relay bypass board...
BigNoise Amplification

mgwhit

Not a great shot, but apparently a friend of mine took this while I was sound checking this afternoon and I saw it on Facebook when I got home.

From front to back that's a Sparklehorn (for leads), an MXR Phase 90, a Pork Barrel chorus, a Lavache (for Cinnamon Girl), an Ego Driver (my "dirt channel") and a Boss TU-2 tuner.  Nothing fancy.  Just playing a 14-song set.

I'm mad because I didn't get my JMK Super Phaser finished in time.  I swear I can hear some bleed-through from the Phase 90.  Plus the guy who owns the Phase 90 is gonna see it on Facebook.  Oh well.

I lent out my Red Llama and SHO builds to the other two guitarists for their lead boosts.

LaceSensor

Finally got round to implementing the FoxRox and big box DMM
This board is close to perfect for me. I had to compromise on losing the MicroSynth and/or POG but I didnt use them too often.
Waiting on some more George L plugs, and I will probably add the BitQuest. I am also gonna squeeze another elements next to the other one and nudge everything together on the front row when it arrives.

Angled shot shows you that some pedals (Slicer, DMM, TZF, Mobius) are on Diago risers. These are really useful as you can "store" excess cabling under them.

For those interested the signal chain goes thus:

In > Klon stereo buffer (allows for dry out) > Tuner > Elements > Frazz Dazzler > Mobius with Space Station in Pre-Post loop > TZF > DMM > Compressor* > Timeline
Then its stereo out to the Big Sky > Slicer > Loop Station

Amps are a Fender Hot Rod DLX and a Blackstar Artisan

*compressor is after the DMM because I didnt have the cabling at present. When I address this, it will be before the DMM. DMM will then go direct to the Timeline.