Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

Here's what I'm using right now

phasers are my thang, pigtronix ep2 and the lectric-fx wonderful space harp

all on this board has been arranged in a way that's allowing me to perform on my own. you cannot rely on others in Serbia.
the only thing missing is the CV distribution box that I will build in a couple of days as soon as Tayda order arrives. that one will lift the possibilities to a whole new level, I cannot wait for it to become true.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

m-Kresol

that looks fantastic. Very tight fit alltogether.
I love your centaur. Seeing it again reminded me of your build report. That one is a real beauty
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jmwreck

top board (right to left)

klon (aion), input/output patch, plexi, ms70cdr, jamman solo xt

bottom board (right to left)

pitchblack poly, sonic maximizer (madbean), mutron (madbean), charge pump, riot, ep boost, tremulus lune, buffered input/output patch, multiplex (1776)

Rockhorst

That's one colorful bunch that won't go unnoticed at any gig!

irmcdermott

I purged all my gear, downsized on my board to a PT3, and as you've seen in the build reports section, I've been busy. So far I'm really happy with it. Still need to play with the order of things in the chain, but this is what it looks like so far:

Guitar > Skreddy P19 > Engineer's Thumb w/ clean blend > ZenDrive > Sparkplug > Box of Rock > VP Jr. (Tuner out to Korg Pitchblack), Strymon Mobius, EHX Pitch Fork, Strymon Timeline, Strymon BigSky, NashPedals Bronco Billy Boost > Amp

The strymon's are controlled with a Disaster Area DMC-6D with there little expansion switch as a global tap/favorite switch.

Underneath, everything is powered with a Cioks DC10, and then the strymon's, DMC-6D, and some other things on that  side of the board are powered with a Voodoo Labs 4x4

cooder

Pretty sweet and powerful board there! Very well put together! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

playpunk

Quote from: irmcdermott on October 27, 2014, 11:25:36 AM
I purged all my gear, downsized on my board to a PT3, and as you've seen in the build reports section, I've been busy. So far I'm really happy with it. Still need to play with the order of things in the chain, but this is what it looks like so far (pedal placement is the same, I reran some cables after the pick was take, originally i goofed and had the Pitch Fork before the Mobius, but flipped those):

Guitar > Skreddy P19 > Engineer's Thumb w/ clean blend > ZenDrive > Sparkplug > Box of Rock > VP Jr. (Tuner out to Korg Pitchblack), Strymon Mobius, EHX Pitch Fork, Strymon Timeline, Strymon BigSky, NashPedals Bronco Billy Boost > Amp

The strymon's are controlled with a Disaster Area DMC-6D with there little expansion switch as a global tap/favorite switch.

Underneath, everything is powered with a Cioks DC10, and then the strymon's, DMC-6D, and some other things on that  side of the board are powered with a Voodoo Labs 4x4

this is practically perfect. I want/need the strymon trinity.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jkokura

I have the Timeline/BigSky, but I don't think I want/need to add the Mobius.

Ian, what you need to do is build yourself an Epic Looper and then run midi out to your Strymons, instead of running that Disaster Area thing. Then you'll have presets and you'll have control over all your other pedals as well.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jkokura on October 27, 2014, 12:00:51 PM

Ian, what you need to do is build yourself an Epic Looper and then run midi out to your Strymons, instead of running that Disaster Area thing. Then you'll have presets and you'll have control over all your other pedals as well.

Jacob

Jacob, it was my understanding that you can only do program changes with the Epic Looper and not use it for CC changes. I bet Ian is using it for the looping functions most of the time.. If I am wrong please let me know since I stopped my Epic Looper project due to that fact since I really wanted to use it as a looper and also to control the record/stop/undo features of the Timeline.

Cody

irmcdermott

I love the DMC, so I don't see me getting rid of it. I use all of its functions. Scrolling is a breeze, looper control is awesome, and the way I setup the presets for what I'm playing is pretty easy. The control and flexibility it gives me is pretty outstanding. And the guy that makes them is a good guy. If I had space on the board for a looper, I'd build one to control all my other pedals so I could do less dancing, but I'm out of real estate haha

jkokura

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 27, 2014, 01:41:50 PM
Quote from: jkokura on October 27, 2014, 12:00:51 PM

Jacob

Jacob, it was my understanding that you can only do program changes with the Epic Looper and not use it for CC changes. I bet Ian is using it for the looping functions most of the time.. If I am wrong please let me know since I stopped my Epic Looper project due to that fact since I really wanted to use it as a looper and also to control the record/stop/undo features of the Timeline.

Cody

You have it correctly Cody, which is a bummer I can agree. It comes down to not being able to do everything for everyone with that project. The Epic Looper will do the PC commands though, which would be great if you only need to change the presets along with your pedals in the loops like I do. However, if you're using the looper it becomes more complicated.

Can you not use the Epic looper to control presets and then use the Timeline footstitches themselves for sending the unit into Looper mode and controlling the record/play/stop functions?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jkokura on October 28, 2014, 10:26:51 AM
Can you not use the Epic looper to control presets and then use the Timeline footstitches themselves for sending the unit into Looper mode and controlling the record/play/stop functions?

Jacob

That will definitely work but sometime pedal layout and/or board size does not permit this. I am not abandoning the Epic Looper by any means and think it will serve well on my bass rig board where I just use a ditto.

Cody

Sigesmundninja

rumbletone

Here's a shot of my gigging board. I put this together before I started building pedals, so the only diy is the I/O boxes and some switching boxes (and all the cabling).

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....