News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

Here's my current smaller gigging pedalboard and my guitar tech.

billstein

Looks like your guitar tech really knows his stuff. "Un... looks like your problem is this cable right here."

Jurassic

Lately I've been getting into synthesizers and here's my latest purchase: a Yamaha DX7 synth from the 80s. It's in almost perfect condition. Just few minor scratches here and there and one key has a slightly louder release noise. Yesterday I quickly recorded a little demo video showcasing the factory presets (with few minor tweaks). I was born in the early 80s and my fascination to these sounds is probably encoded to my genes: I love this synth! :)

micromegas

Quote from: Jurassic on April 25, 2015, 01:12:15 AM
Lately I've been getting into synthesizers and here's my latest purchase: a Yamaha DX7 synth from the 80s. It's in almost perfect condition. Just few minor scratches here and there and one key has a slightly louder release noise. Yesterday I quickly recorded a little demo video showcasing the factory presets (with few minor tweaks). I was born in the early 80s and my fascination to these sounds is probably encoded to my genes: I love this synth! :)

Love your demos Juri, and this one is beautiful!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

peAk

Hey Juri,

Synth sounds great, I always wanted one of these. I heard they are built like a tank as well. Your demo led me to your blog and I like your music.

Very dreamy  8)

micromegas

Quote from: peAk on April 25, 2015, 08:58:07 AM

Hey Juri,

Synth sounds great, I always wanted one of these. I heard they are built like a tank as well. Your demo led me to your blog and I like your music.

Very dreamy  8)
check evilbay. I've seen one on USA for less than 200 dollars...

peAk

Quote from: micromegas on April 25, 2015, 09:08:09 AM

I think if I purchase another synth anytime soon, my wife will divorce me.

Thanks for the heads up on that site though! 

micromegas

Quote from: peAk on April 25, 2015, 09:14:51 AM

sorry, no new site: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=evilbay
:P

peAk

Quote from: micromegas on April 25, 2015, 09:16:40 AM

oh damn, well I went to the site: http://evilbay.com/  and thought to myself "This place seems pretty cool, although I don't see a classified section"

haha too funny

micromegas

Quote from: peAk on April 25, 2015, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: micromegas on April 25, 2015, 09:16:40 AM

oh damn, well I went to the site: http://evilbay.com/  and thought to myself "This place seems pretty cool, although I don't see a classified section"

haha too funny
;D
there's some crazy stuff there...

Jurassic

Quote from: micromegas on April 25, 2015, 04:31:16 AM
Love your demos Juri, and this one is beautiful!
Thank you! :)

Quote from: peAk on April 25, 2015, 08:58:07 AM
Hey Juri,
Very dreamy  8)
Thanks a lot! :) Yeah, this synth is a good instrument: it feels solid, the playing touch is good and the sounds are pure gold. DX7 was really common synth back in the day, so it's still pretty easy to find and prices haven't gone up, yet. I suggest that you score one in mint condition now when they are still sold for peanuts. It's an investment with a significant hipster factor, so the value can only go up! :D

brejna

Ready for gigging! :D This one is little bit smaller then my first one, but it covers almost everything that crosses my mind.. Still have to add fuzz or two..  :D

jimilee

Looks
Simplistically complicated. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Muadzin

Quote from: brejna on July 08, 2016, 08:16:25 AM
Ready for gigging! :D This one is little bit smaller then my first one, but it covers almost everything that crosses my mind.. Still have to add fuzz or two..  :D

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding space for it.

In a way its good that you posted this pic. I was about to build your Kayzendrive and this pic answered a few questions I had.

Marshall Arts

I wanted a small board that I could use for singer/songwriter stuff. I wanted this to be VERY simple, so I added a power supply based on a mobile phone power pack with 10.000 mAh (This one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MFRXD6E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a step up DC-DC-converter. The TC Helicon needs 12 Volts and uses ~400 mA, so the power pack runs for ~10 hours (played it a long evening and still had enough juice left...).

I am using this either with an active PA speaker (or two) or (for living room purposes or vacations) with a Bose sound link (which is also battery powered). To make it even simpler, I use it with a Shure headworn microphone (= no mic stand) and sometimes with a nice foot stomp (the thing with the number plate). All of that (and the acoustic guitar) gets plugged into the TC.

I added the footswitch to be able to switch the microphone on and off (miss that function in the TC). I had some space left on the box, so I used that for an 1/4" adapter for the the footstomp (the aux input on the tc is a 3.5 mm input).