News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Havin one of those days where my gear is inspiring hours of noodling.  Yay!  I forgot how much the SHO makes everything better... woooop

angrykoko

It's sort of sad my laziness with decorating the pedals I build.  One of them is labeled with a sharpie, not even painted.
Commercial guitar gear in pic = 7 (incl guitars)
DIY = 18
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

alanp

What's the amp in the head cab, angrykoko?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

angrykoko

ax84 Hi-Octane amp.  I LOVE that amp it sounds amazing for the stuff I like to play. After I got that amp built.. the little blackstar started being neglected.
Yeah that amp, the head enclosure and speaker cab are hand built (lots of wood working and sore fingers and some bleeding). 
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

nzCdog

Nice!  I have been haunting the ax84 page with great interest... what tubes did you use?

angrykoko

12AX7 pre-amp & I finally settled on an EL84 power.
I tried a 6L6 and then a 6V6 for power tubes but they made it sound boxy & fizzy. I really like the glassy-ness sound that the EL84 brings.  I seem to be in the minority though on my love of the EL84 and I didn't try adjusting the internal volume of the speaker cab to try to fix the boxy sound from the octals; the EL84 just nailed "that sound" for me so well.

alanp

Signal chain is tuner - LaVache - comp - phaser - delay. I don't use the overdrive and compressor at the same time, so that's never a problem. Not a lot there, but it has everything I need :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

nzCdog

Quote from: angrykoko on July 03, 2012, 01:42:17 AM
I tried a 6L6 and then a 6V6 for power tubes but they made it sound boxy & fizzy. I really like the glassy-ness sound that the EL84 brings.  I seem to be in the minority though on my love of the EL84 and I didn't try adjusting the internal volume of the speaker cab to try to fix the boxy sound from the octals; the EL84 just nailed "that sound" for me so well.

So is 'your sound' Voxy, Marshally or other? Do you get 10 Watts or so? How does the amp overdrive/compress with booster pedals?   What speaker?  (Lol soz for the iterrogation, I'm an EL84 fan myself)
Quote from: alanp on July 03, 2012, 02:51:50 AM

Signal chain is tuner - LaVache - comp - phaser - delay. I don't use the overdrive and compressor at the same time, so that's never a problem. Not a lot there, but it has everything I need :)

Epic!  The essentials cable tied to an old fridge shelf!  That is so Rock n Roll! 8)

aziltz

overdrive into compressor is a good thing!

angrykoko

Quote from: nzCdog on July 03, 2012, 03:18:55 AM
Quote from: angrykoko on July 03, 2012, 01:42:17 AM

So is 'your sound' Voxy, Marshally or other? Do you get 10 Watts or so? How does the amp overdrive/compress with booster pedals?   What speaker?  (Lol soz for the iterrogation, I'm an EL84 fan myself)

Epic!  The essentials cable tied to an old fridge shelf!  That is so Rock n Roll! 8)

I love the wire shelf pedal board!!! Great idea!

As far as "that sound" I was more referring to getting that sound where the voice in your head is going "Hell yeah!"   The amp is voiced after a jcm800 but at 5 watts.   I'm stuck in 80's metal land if that helps narrow it down.  I've got a V30 in the speaker cab and the whole thing takes pedals really well without becoming a noisy mess (the blackstar is a bit more finicky).  I've put a Red Llama, chunck chunck, and a Aeon OD in front of it with no problems.

DutchMF

Is that a refrigerator rack you got your pedals mounted on?????

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

Yeah, my old fridge shat itself and died (luckily I had a bit of money that I had been saving for an amp). I pinched the idea from a guy on another forum and saved the old one's racks.

It looks a bit rangi, but zip ties are more removable than sticky sticky velcro substitutes  :D

Who needs to spend $200 on pedaltrains?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

nzCdog

ha!  I want to try something like this with a bit of timber sometime soon!

timbo_93631

Here is the current setup:

Top left is madbean Aquaboy with dual V3205 BBD's, top right is etched Ross Compressor with Janglebox bright/normal Ross switch.  Bottom left to right: footswitch for amp trem, etched MKII Tonebender Prefessional/Marshall Supafuzz mashup with NPN OC139 and 140 transistors, jtn191's Flapjack with bluesberry mod, madbean Rangemaster clone with additional gemanium sym/asym clipping section, and my trusty Junk-O-Wah offboard.  Also my Tele gone jazzmaster, and '61 Supro in 5E3 style cab.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

LaceSensor

Do we have one of these yet?
With all the stuff people are building, I'd love to see some boards.
Here is my current setup, likely to change shortly with the introduction of a couple recent builds.

The signal chain isnt anything fancy, all in series

Boss Tuner
EH HOG Synthesiser running 1, 2 and 3 octave up blended pitch shifter sound mostly
Way Huge Pork Loin set for a clean blended overdrive
Pork Barrel CE-2 (1983)
EH Microsynth 90s big box reissue
Dirtbag Deluxe Memory Man (MN3005)
Marshall Echohead (digital delay mode, bought for £15 - bargain!)
Rub-a-Dub Reverb (Blade runner, teal box)
Digtech XP-ALL (running the XP-300 Space Station patches)
Boss Slicer tap tempo tremolo/rhythmic
Current Lover Electric Mistress (MN3007, 15v)
Line 6 DL-4 used for jamming loops
Korg Kaoss Pad KP-3 used for LP Filters / Bit Crush sounds / Synthesiser bleeps
Boss RC-3 used to trigger stored loops, with home made stop/patch controller

Was this previous

Differences were my original XP-300 Space Station, Way Huge Aqua Puss (MN3005) and my old Current Lover (running 9v, now a friend has this one).