News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

a unity buffer with really bigger pulldown and bias resistors will do the trick.  2M2 or 10M

midwayfair

Quote from: aziltz on November 29, 2012, 05:42:05 AM
a unity buffer with really bigger pulldown and bias resistors will do the trick.  2M2 or 10M

I used the Bearhug for that. Worked great for this and it has ~5M input impedance. I still needed the treble booster on pretty much all the time to sound right into a PA, though. PAs are hopelessly dark. (Fuzz Face into a PA sounds very good for this same reason, though, for anyone looking to experiment with travelling light.)

Piezos have really high output impedance and are a voltage rather than current source. I understand why that could cause issues going direct into a fuzz, but having the comp on in front ought to have eliminated that from the equation.

I might just post a "Why" thread on DIYSB and see if anyone there can break it down for me Barney style, rather than further derailing this thread ...

the3secondrule

Here is my current set up for guitar (still a work in progress).

Waiting on my pork barrel board for chorus/vibe, really want to find THE PERFECT diy trem (using a boss TR2 at the moment and it's almost exactly what I want). Also looking to replace the AD9 with the aquaboy deluxe, and the Blackstar with a Matchless hotbox i'm building with a mate...

and the power will be relocated under the board, eventually

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

nzCdog

nice jeremy!  I keep forgetting how big those blackstar ht pedals are :o  sound wicked tho

the3secondrule

Yeah, it's massive eh? Just arrived today, but I reckon its a keeper.

At least till I build the Hotbox, anyway  ;)

Quote from: nzCdog on December 20, 2012, 01:02:40 AM
nice jeremy!  I keep forgetting how big those blackstar ht pedals are :o  sound wicked tho
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Munkybot

Here's my gigging board. Signal from guitar goes to Kingslayer, Timmy clone, Cosmopolitan, Ernie Ball VPjr. modded with one of Aziltz's buffer boards into a Current Lover, into aT.C. Hall of fame reverb, then to a Strymon Timeline....
Thanks to Madbean and the whole d.I.y. community........

Bassman

Quote from: Munkybot on December 20, 2012, 07:39:14 PM
Here's my gigging board. Signal from guitar goes to Kingslayer, Timmy clone, Cosmopolitan, Ernie Ball VPjr. modded with one of Aziltz's buffer boards into a Current Lover, into aT.C. Hall of fame reverb, then to a Strymon Timeline....

Is that your gigging amp too?  ;D

Munkybot

Quote from: Bassman on December 20, 2012, 07:41:28 PM
Quote from: Munkybot on December 20, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

Is that your gigging amp too?  ;D
;D I've thought of bringing it to shows and hiding my actual gigging amp and puting a mic in front of that little orange.....

jimilee

Tuner wah opticomp bear hug chorus blues Breaker cave dwell bbe sonic stomp all tied to a Bassbone
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RockeTron25

Quote from: the3secondrule on December 20, 2012, 12:22:08 AM

...really want to find THE PERFECT diy trem (using a boss TR2 at the moment and it's almost exactly what I want)...... a Matchless hotbox i'm building with a mate...

Hi Sir,

do you have a schematic for the Matchless hotbox clone and a diy guide link? :) if you do could you please PM me the link?? :)

did you find a perfect diy trem??

Cortexturizer

This is one of two boards I use on rehearsals these days. We are an instrumental experimental rock trio. The other board that I use consists of a Baja Silent Selector, Lel old russian parametric EQ, Ibanez HD1000 harmonizer delay, Black Arts Pharaoh clone, Cave Dweller, and a momentary switch equiped Pulsar tremolo clone.

The primary board setup consists of these pedals:

Wah - Vox V847 with it's guts removed and I put in there a Vox Clyde McCoy clone with the yellow Fasel. I love the yellow Fasel, it has such an agressive vomity tone with distortion, and still retains GREAT tone with clean funky lines.

Vox 1904 Wah - an autowah from Vox. This is one of my favorite pedals. I know that the Nautilus for example would be so much more fun but I will never take this of my board.

the Octa-Squeeze - this is Orange Squeezer and Tycobrahe Octavia in one enclosure. I can't stress enough how much I like the Octavia. It is my absolute favorite. You can do so much with it. The Orange Squeezer I use as a low mid gain boost. More on my philosophy of pedal stacking later, but I never use the squeezer for the clean tone only for the sound alterations of my dirt tones.

NPN Dallas Rangemaster/Keeley Java Boost - such a great pedal. I have a mid/treble/full boost switch, some paper in oil caps in there, as well as a Tesla brand NPN Ge transistor that just sounds sweet.

Sunking - I really wanted to hate this thing, because all of the hype. But I just can't take it off my board. I have a great TS808 clone, and an original Ibanez SD-9 from the early eighties, but the Klon just smokes them right off. I love it how it works equally well with single coil and humbucking guitars.

Univibe clone - Warhead project. Works nice, can get some really epic sounds out of it. I'm still not completely satisfied with it, but it has a place on the board and I really love vibe type effects. This was made by a friend and I got it in some sort of trade agreement, so he did the Jimmy graphics, I am not a fanboy and I am not so keen on that part of the pedal but hey, I was too bored to put something else on there  ;)

69 Fuzz Face - Fulltone 69 clone. I'm using russian Ge transistors with this one. The pair that's in dunlops Joe Bonamassa FF, MP something something, and GT308V if my memory serves me correctly. Sounds awesome, but I use it as a Ge warm and round boost, not as one would think. More on this later.
Everythig sounds better with this pedal on. Just...everything.

from there the signal goes to the true bypass looper, KROK type, with the feedback momentary button [this is the pedal on the lower left corner with Kaki King on it], in the loop are

EHX Small Stone version 2 - built in the 11th week of 1977. The happiness I feel every time I stomp on this pedal is inexplicable. This just can't be cloned. I have tried clones, great DIY builds, but nothing has the depth this thing has, I mean, I can feel the sound with my inner organs, it's just, ... I was GASing for this particular one for a couple of months, and finally I managed to kick it out of my friend's hands.

Electric Mistress clone - MN3207 version, I like it a lot. Great flanger.

AD3205 analog delay - GGG project board, but with 3205 instead of 3208 hence the longer delay time. Sounds uber sweet, I love it. This one I acquired before I even got into pedal building hobby.

Super Hard-On - an always ON booster of the loop, I have a Zetex BS170 in there [really makes a difference]. Within the loop there is a volume and treble loss, mainly due to the small stone being vintage as it is, and this takes care of that being always on. It makes the repeats of the analog delay even more pronounced in some way, I really like what it does to the overall sound.

out of the loop, into my trusty

Korg DT-10BR tuner - just a great tuner. No need to say anything more.

I use pedal stacking for my sounds A LOT. Actually, the Klon and the 69 FF are always on. Then I can further alter the frequency/gain/EQ content with the squeezer, rangemaster, and SHO. And with volume and tone pots of the guitar of course. I use the controls on the guitar A LOT.
I mainly play a Gibson SG Standard. There are separate controls for the two pickups right...So I leave the neck pickup fully open, and the bridge pickup I have on 1 or 2, and that's my clean sound.
The FF makes the clean up so much better. But the Klon cleans up very nice already.
From there I can get more highs and clarity with the SHO in the loop, as well as modulation.
If I need an insane saturated muffy long sustain I just switch on the neck pickup and stomp on the rangemaster that goes in the Klon+69 combo and that makes the sound I wanna hear.
If I am using that sound with the flanger and delay on, then I stomp on the compressor as well which retain the overall distorted sound but just injects clarity and cleans in the signal, so I can play with immense gain going on, modulation, delay, and still retain clarity with complex chords. Works for me.

I just can't use pedal in a "this is my sparkly clean sound, now I'm gonna stomp here oh feel the sudden difference, now I'm gonna dance on these two as well and to return to my clean sound I'm gonna stomp on seven pedals in a second or two" manner. A lot of people seem to do it just fine, but I can't. Maybe one day if I get some sort of switching system [like Carl Martin Octaswitch] I might arrange the board differently but for now I am quite happy with the way I manage my sounds while playing. It's hard when you are the only guitarist and there is only bass and drums present. You can't afford the sonic space and time needed to switch a thousand things on the fly because the song suffers a lot.

Phew...this was long. I hope I haven't murdered anyone with boredom!  ;D
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

chip46

alanp

Tuner - Kingslayer - La Vache - Doppelganger (I know, I know...) - Multiplex.

I might add the Moon Lander in there somewhere. Sounds too good not to. Don't know what I'll drop, though. I might have to get a bigger refridgerator rack. (This is a rackmount pedalboard! Geddit?)

Right! The lot, shot Juansolo style but with less pedals and less talent.

Multiplex, Doppelganger, La Vache, Regicide, 22/7 (Runoffgroove)
Grind Customs Superfet, Rangemaster, loop, Cupcake, Rub-a-dub, CaveDweller 2nd Ed Dub, Dirtbag Deluxe
Loophole, Chunkchunk, Double Flush, Low Rider, Collosalus
Current Lover, Cupcake, Thunderpuss plus Moonlander.

You can see the clearcoat cracking on the Dirtbag, Cupcake, and Current Lover. I used clear nailpolish after that, it doesn't crack.

All three label methods seen here -- indian ink on paint (example - Multiplex), indian ink inlaid in engraving (22/7), and Dymo labels (Chunk).
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Cebreez

Left side of board is the Fender Volume pedal. Top L-R - First Aid Kit(Sonic Stomp), Thunderpuss(Clean Boost), Southern Tremolo(Modded EA), Boss GE-7 Equalizer,^behind^ BBE Orange Squeeze - Building a MoRC Compressor to replace it, Low Rider(Double Octave Down), Bottom Row L-R - Dun-Delay(Cave Dweller), SoftFx(Pork Barrel AKA CE-2 chorus), The Langerham(Current Lover Flanger), Smoothie(Phase 45), Boss DS-1 w/ Keeley Tube Drive Mod., StringBean(Aka GreenBean, Greenie, TS808, Well moddified!) And off the right side of the board lies a MI Audio Blues Pro and a Red Llama clones boxed together and a two button switch box for my Classic 30 amp. Riding on the back of the board is a secondary power supply( A very cheap one) allowing me up to 14 9Vdc outputs plus 4 18Vdc outputs, also riding on the back is my Samson UHF Wireless.

Missing the Double-Flush tremolo. Didn't really fit my style to it came off the board in favor of the EA Tremolo.
I currently have 7 more pedals in the works. ShoNuff v2 distortion, Zero Point SDX delay, another EA tremelo, Cupcake compressor, MoRC compressor, TODD overdrive, and a Kingslayer overdrive. By the way I am SICK of ODs and Distortions! Also finishing up a SWAW autowah.

My next board, that I really need to start building soon, will have Remote switching for rack mounted effects, lights, built in Microphone mount, personal monitor, and some type of computer mounting system, Ipad or Mobile PC.

REPTAR

orange squeezer/mosfet boost (yellow) > LaVache > Aristocrat (copper) > Em-drive-ish > Jhs VPjr > polytune (tuner out) > ZeroPoint SD > pt2399 tap delay > Memory boy dlx > mod'd DD-3