News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4-Knob Compressor

Started by pickdropper, March 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfingsworth

This is super nice! I really like the art-deco theme!

mshuptar

The art on the enclosure is incredible. I really like it. How did you do it? (It looks to sharp to be a decal!)

pickdropper

Quote from: mshuptar on March 12, 2013, 06:06:52 PM
The art on the enclosure is incredible. I really like it. How did you do it? (It looks to sharp to be a decal!)

Yeah, it isn't a decal.  It is laser etched.  Thanks for the compliments.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jprizz

Your artwork for all your pedals is just fantastic. Simple yet elegant, I really dig it. Is it your own work?

pickdropper

Quote from: jprizz on March 12, 2013, 08:24:56 PM
Your artwork for all your pedals is just fantastic. Simple yet elegant, I really dig it. Is it your own work?

Thanks, jprizz.

The artwork I use is often a blend of images I've gathered and incorporated into my layout.

Other pedals (like this one) are just things I've generated in Illustrator.  I start with an idea and fiddle with it until I like it.  Sometimes the final result is quite different from where I started.  I hated this artwork up until the end, at which point I felt like I finally got it right.
Function f(x)

Stomptown

Quote from: jprizz on March 12, 2013, 08:24:56 PM
Your artwork for all your pedals is just fantastic. Simple yet elegant, I really dig it.

This!

Dave, you have a very distinctive and unique graphic style. If I walked into a club and saw one of your builds on a pedalboard I would be able to pick it out in a heartbeat. Great as always!

I would love one of those boards when you get them fabbed so count me in!

raulduke

Another 'beaut of the Pickdropper production line  :o!

Roctopus

great looking pedal braj!

pickdropper

For everybody that ordered a board: they all shipped out yesterday.
Function f(x)

billstein

Hey Dave. Are there any more boards.

pickdropper

Quote from: billstein on March 14, 2013, 09:40:26 AM
Hey Dave. Are there any more boards.

I have two left and I am probably going to hang onto one of them.  PM me if you'd like the other one.

Function f(x)

Rip57

Nice deco look.

Puts me in mind of an old tube radio... you know that musty bakelite smell when they warm up?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

pickdropper

Quote from: Rip57 on March 14, 2013, 08:08:39 PM
Nice deco look.

Puts me in mind of an old tube radio... you know that musty bakelite smell when they warm up?

I LOVE that smell.  I get it when I fire up my hifi tube amps with exposed tubes.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Everybody who bought a board, please PM me your email address.  I need to send you the preliminary build docs.
Function f(x)

billstein

Hey Dave. I had mentioned that I wanted one of these, then held off because I saw you were going to do a second run with a correction. Are you still planning on doing that?