News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4-Knob Compressor

Started by pickdropper, March 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: billstein on April 06, 2013, 02:59:44 PM
Hey Dave. I had mentioned that I wanted one of these, then held off because I saw you were going to do a second run with a correction. Are you still planning on doing that?

Hey Bill,

The boards actually showed up yesterday.  I am soldering one of them right now to verify it.

The fab messed up the silkscreen a bit, so I am going to slightly discount these.  It won't matter with population because I'll provide a PCB image for reference.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Cool. I'll watch this thread, I'm interested in getting two. My wife wants a compressor too. :)

billstein

I'm assuming this is a take on the Keely 4 knob compressor, which of course is a modded Ross. Is this correct?

pickdropper

Quote from: billstein on April 09, 2013, 07:33:34 PM
I'm assuming this is a take on the Keely 4 knob compressor, which of course is a modded Ross. Is this correct?

Yes, although I will confess to not having studied the Keeley extensively.  It was my understanding that all Keeley did was mount replace 2 of the trimpots with potentiometers that could be controlled externally.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

Dang! Nice job, I totally missed this build.  :o :o :o

I'm starting to think we need a new subforum where mortal builders (like me) can post pics without the shame of being too near these epic build pics :-[ ;)

billstein

Is that box the typical hammond 1590b. Maybe its the picture but it looks a little deeper to me.

jkokura

Quote from: billstein on April 10, 2013, 03:14:01 PM
Is that box the typical hammond 1590b. Maybe its the picture but it looks a little deeper to me.

Nope. That's a 125B. Barely bigger, but infinitely better than a 1590B. One reason is that you can get full size 1/4" AND DC jacks on the top side. Another is the interior space - taller, deeper and wider.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals