News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

We should have a "What are you cooking?" thread. Now we do.

Started by midwayfair, July 05, 2013, 03:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

I'm getting towards that billion Dave, in fact I've calculated that I should reach it approximately in the year 2189.

Well, it looks pretty dam nice to me, right up my alley.  I wish I had more time for cooking, my wife and I used to go to a lot more effort before the kids came along.  I made a bbq'ed / hickory smoked roast with potatos and root vegetables on sunday, that was extravagant for my standards at the moment! 
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

SmoothAction

Dave, you are absolutely ruthless in the kitchen. Amazing looking grub. Respectin' it!

Here's the sandwich we scarfed last night. Hot turkey, melted muenster cheese, sprouts, red romaine, tomato, avocado, bacon, toasted rye/pumpernickel with cream cheese. The summer is creeping in so no more gravy or heavy, fatty dishes. Well, until the next hangover that's surely imminent. Still want to do a Zuppa Toscana for my newly converted, now non-vegetarian ladyfriend. All the jugs of protein supplements in the house are getting strange looks from her. Poor little jugs may end up in the waste basket as they go the way of obsolete. It's a bit sad really.  8)

stringsthings

Love viewing this thread.  It takes a lot of skill to make these dishes.  Many of these pictures
make me so hungry.  Yum !
All You Need Is Love

davent

That's a killer sandwich, looks fantastic!

Can't wait for summer as well, tomatoes! Started 48 plants last week (i keep half), haven't had a fresh tomato since the last one from the garden of 2015.

We had enough snow yesterday to turn everything white again, today it hit 13C.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtaormina

I can't cook worth a sh*t but the wife can. I'll see if she can make that sprout sandwich. She likes stuff like this. It looks yummy!

alanp

I feel horrible and lazy, reading this thread.

Last night's tea was Tegel chicken patties, in store-bought buns, with processed cheese and Whitlock's Tomato Chutney.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nmbb

for this saturday at lunch we make a "chinese" vegetal grill, low fat because I need to loose some weight! Included on the mix, portobello mushroom, shitake mushroom, white mushroom, aspargus, french garlic, broccoli and soy sprouts. All grilled in the wok, and near the end, a little bit of soy sauce.

nmbb

Quote from: aballen on July 06, 2013, 09:47:30 AM

Last years hot sauce.  All gone now but I should have more after this years harvest.  Jon Ill have to send you some for your curry.

Your own recipie? It looks great!

SmoothAction

yumm.... that hot sauce looks great.

Went to a buddies house to cook last night. Didn't snap any process shots as we were too busy having a blast to be bothered.
EDIT - Found some process pics. The whiskey was flowing nicely I guess...

-Pork loin with rosemary, thyme, cumin, honey mustard and spicy bbq sauce slathered on before the bake.
-Mashed potatoes with slow roasted garlic, rosemary, bacon, parmesan, butter, pepper.
-Broccoli quickly sauteed in bacon fat.
-White, thin pepper gravy from bacon fat and a few dashes of stock.

Overall it was well balanced and I got to teach a good friend (who is becoming very enthusiastic about all things culinary) some kitchen tips. He did an excellent job on the gravy. Hopefully we'll stick to our bi-weekly plan to cook a variety of styles. Thanks for looking.

davent

Great looking plate Smooth, keep 'em coming!

Bunch of new ones for us...

Thursday, Baked Cod & Tomatoes with Smashed Lemon/Dill Mini Red Potatoes

Friday, Panini with  left over Porchetta, Port Salut cheese, caramelized onions, pickled hot peppers, dandelion greens, One sesame,  one truffle oil & one plain ciabatta.

Saturday, Roast leg of lamb with orzo

Sunday, Spiced Pink Bean Burritos with Caprano Goat Cheese

Monday... back to the routine...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

nmbb

Quote from: davent on April 18, 2016, 08:34:35 PM
Great looking plate Smooth, keep 'em coming!

Bunch of new ones for us...

Thursday, Baked Cod & Tomatoes with Smashed Lemon/Dill Mini Red Potatoes

Friday, Panini with  left over Porchetta, Port Salut cheese, caramelized onions, pickled hot peppers, dandelion greens, One sesame,  one truffle oil & one plain ciabatta.

Saturday, Roast leg of lamb with orzo

Sunday, Spiced Pink Bean Burritos with Caprano Goat Cheese

Monday... back to the routine...
dave

It's not fair, a person needs to loose some weight... and came here and see this >:(

::) :P 8) ;D

nmbb

Long weekend and me and wife decided to go for a ride in the west region of the country. Starting with a big grilled veal rib stick for lunch, and some mixed pork grilled for dinner... For those in Portugal visit "a taberna do quinzena" in Santarém, you will like the place.

davent

Looks great! Back a few years... my wife and I cycled from London to Montijo for a friend's wedding. We ate like royalty while in Portugal, we had enormous appetites, fantastic food, the people were pretty fantastic too! Great times!

dave

nmbb

Quote from: davent on April 23, 2016, 04:24:31 PM
Looks great! Back a few years... my wife and I cycled from London to Montijo for a friend's wedding. We ate like royalty while in Portugal, we had enormous appetites, fantastic food, the people were pretty fantastic too! Great times!

dave

;D ;D ;D ;D

raulduke

As someone that lives with a devout veggie, and therefore gets to eat very little meat... this thread is like p*rn to me  ;D