News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wampler Pinnacle

Started by billstein, February 17, 2014, 04:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Wampler Pinnacle built on vero. Still trying to get the hang of keeping the offboard wiring neat. Really nice sounding pedal.

Rockhorst

Quote from: billstein on February 17, 2014, 04:58:58 PM
Wampler Pinnacle built on vero. Still trying to get the hang of keeping the offboard wiring neat.
Screw the insides! That is one gorgeous pedal on the outside! Totally jealous of that faceplate! Care to share your technique?

PhiloB

I agree! The faceplate is top notch.  Is it laser etched?

Jabulani Jonny

Dude that faceplate is freakin' sweet.  Oh, and great idea on sticking the tagboard instructions directly to the Vero.  I like it!
Jonathan

billstein

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'll work up a detailed post about how I've been doing the faceplates. Right now I'm a bit rushed. My son just came home and I want to spend time with him. Priorities!

As far as the tagboard instructions on the vero. That changed my life. :) I copy and paste it into illustrator and shrink it down to the correct size and it takes all the confusion away. Vero suddenly became simple, except of course for the off board wiring. That is still of the devil.

Thanks again.

PhiloB

Can you give us a heads up on this thread when you do?  Beautiful work.

bcalla

Love the faceplate.  Can't wait to hear how you did it.

pryde

Awesome job! Lots of pretty colors to look at outside and in.

Love the faceplate and looking forward to your write-up

hoodoo

Another cracker Bill, you must be smarter than the average bear ;) That's the first time i've seen the vero template used like that, great idea.

Guybrush

Wow. Great work. I'm another fan of the face plate. Been wanting to finish my builds with a face plate for ages. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce your method!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cortexturizer

super super super super jealous of that faceplate! share your technique or face the angry mob :D
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

blearyeyes

Really smart idea with the Vero layout.
Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years..

Faceplate!  Faceplate!  Faceplate! How did you do that?

Clayford

Quote from: billstein on January 28, 2014, 09:42:02 PM
Not sure if this should go in the Build Reports or not.

Been playing with different ways to do Face plates. I like this so I thought I'd share.

I used magazine paper onto black FR4 but what sets this one apart for me is the two tone....

He did share this info before, not sure if it's enough to whet your appetites or not? Perhaps it will sate folks until he makes a more detailed report?
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

rullywowr

I'm 99.9% sure its simply black FR4 etched.  Then you mask off the copper you want to keep and apply MG Chemicals "Liquid Tin" for the silver color.  Finally, clear coat it and voila!  There ya have it. 

Bill's face place looks great!  Nice job.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Clayford

Quote from: rullywowr on February 18, 2014, 07:08:52 PM
I'm 99.9% sure its simply black FR4 etched.  Then you mask off the copper you want to keep and apply MG Chemicals "Liquid Tin" for the silver color.  Finally, clear coat it and voila!  There ya have it. 

Bill's face place looks great!  Nice job.

That's exactly what I got from it! But lets wait for for Bill to chime in.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded