News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Season 3 of Continuum. Just keeps getting better, so I'm expecting the network to cancel it at any time, like they do when stuff gets really good.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jprizz

You guys have been a bad influence. My que on Netflix is a mile long now.

I recently started Burn Notice and have been quite taken by it. Its sort of like a 007 meets Seinfeld; a comedic spy action thriller.

pickdropper

Just started the new Daredevil series on Netflix.  I'm four episodes in and I like it quite a bit.  It's much darker than a lot of the other Marvel stuff out there but still has humor at points.  It also comes across as less superhero and more vigilante.  Definitely not kid friendly, though.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Quote from: pickdropper on April 29, 2015, 05:05:48 AM
Just started the new Daredevil series on Netflix.  I'm four episodes in and I like it quite a bit.  It's much darker than a lot of the other Marvel stuff out there but still has humor at points.  It also comes across as less superhero and more vigilante.  Definitely not kid friendly, though.

I totally agree. Being a complete comic book nerd it is absolutely better than most of the more recent (since Disney bought Marvel) Marvel stuff. I always though of the DareDevil to me more of a vigilante than a "superhero". Kind of like a blind Batman.

wgc

Quote from: juansolo on April 29, 2015, 01:10:57 AM
Season 3 of Continuum. Just keeps getting better, so I'm expecting the network to cancel it at any time, like they do when stuff gets really good.

Love this show!  Season three was a little uneven to me but still great.

Next is a 1/2 season and the end of the show. Not sure how they can tie everything up that quickly but looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

I just started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, thanks to my roommate's Hulu Plus account -- why didn't anyone tell me this show was great?

Haberdasher

i watched all the daredevils- they were awesome.- and i don't even like comics.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Empire, Silicon Valley and fresh off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: wgc on April 29, 2015, 12:03:09 PM
Quote from: juansolo on April 29, 2015, 01:10:57 AM

Next is a 1/2 season and the end of the show. Not sure how they can tie everything up that quickly but looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Shame that. But I suppose we should be grateful that they're being given the opportunity to finish it at all. Most shows just get cut.

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on April 29, 2015, 05:53:41 PM
fresh off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This show is SO funny. My wife is half Chinese and everything about this show makes her laugh...on a personal level.

wgc

Shame that. But I suppose we should be grateful that they're being given the opportunity to finish it at all. Most shows just get cut.

So true, hope they don't do something corny though
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

juansolo

Indeed, really there needs to be a proper apocalyptic future. Sick of people going back and fixing stuff. Nah, I want them to go back and royally fuck things up. You can't go messing with time baby ;)

dont-tase-me-bro

Mad Men could have been a good show, but half of it is sort of crap.  1960s gritty NYC, if done as a real period piece, like Boardwalk Empire, is a great setting for a show, but probably would be expensive to do.  It was all shot inside in a fake office, instead of outside, with old cars and taxi cabs that weighed 5000 pounds

A well done show on 1980s NYC would also be really good - crack, graffiti, Mayor Dinkins, NYPD cars with light bars like Ghostbusters, etc
I thought this would save me money.

pryde

alanp

The 1990 version of Treasure Island is now out on DVD No questions asked, Amazon here is my credit card deets...

If you haven't seen it, you need to. If you still don't want to, you still need to hear Paddy Moloney's score for it. These are pirates as people, not as Disneyfied family friendly caricatures.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website