News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

We're working our way through season 2 of Umbrella Academy.  Liking it so far.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on March 07, 2021, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: madbean on March 07, 2021, 06:08:38 PM
re-watch
GOT

Why would you do that to yourself.

I'm currently rewatching Archer again. I can't believe how well it holds up every time.
Oh yeah. I am patiently waiting for the next season to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

currently ... American Gods, The Walking Dead, Clarice ... I haven't taken the leap on Helstrom or Wandavision yet. It's pretty tough sledding, not much new stuff out there
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

harryklippton

First season of daredevil- never seen it. Last year my wife and I watched all the marvel movies in release order, then wandavision and luke cage season 1 so we decided to go back and watch some of the other shows in release order. Except agents of shield- we watched the first episode and didn't like it.

matmosphere

Quote from: harryklippton on March 08, 2021, 07:50:56 AM
First season of daredevil- never seen it. Last year my wife and I watched all the marvel movies in release order, then wandavision and luke cage season 1 so we decided to go back and watch some of the other shows in release order. Except agents of shield- we watched the first episode and didn't like it.

Daredevil season 1 was solid. I really like it thought it was a little dark and violent for my taste. Season 2 unfortunately isn't as good.

Jessica Jones season 1 is excellent. I was really surprised with how good it was.

davent

Quote from: mjg on March 07, 2021, 11:39:40 PM
We're working our way through season 2 of Umbrella Academy.  Liking it so far.

That one does a fair bit filming on the street where my fish monger's shop is, the art gallery we use for any framing we need done as well as having a real good catalogue, a number of good used record shops, lots of interesting restaurants and a decent farmers market on the weekend, antique stores, the very first Tim Hortons Donuts ... Ottawa St. N., cool place.

Don't have a TV, haven't seen the show.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

I've been enjoying the absolute heck out of Time Team, and Begin Japanology.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GermanCdn

Yellowstone.  So good.  So many people that need taking to the train station.  Apparently Rip is now on Bonnie's hall pass list.  Guess that means I get Beth.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GermanCdn

Quote from: midwayfair on March 07, 2021, 07:02:32 PM
I'm currently rewatching Archer again. I can't believe how well it holds up every time.

First 5 (?) seasons I'd agree with you, but the last few have been so far out there I don't know what to make of it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

matmosphere

Anybody else watch Legends Of Tomorrow? It's a superhero thing, but they all kind of suck at being superheroes and know it. The first few seasons aren't great but starting around season 3 it gets pretty weird and hilarious.

EBK

Are there any Mystery Science Theater 3000 fans here? 

I don't want to spam you guys by mentioning an ongoing Kickstarter campaign to fund season 13, so I won't mention it at all. Sorry, I'm excited. :-X
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jubal81

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 08, 2021, 04:19:25 PM
Yellowstone.  So good.  So many people that need taking to the train station.  Apparently Rip is now on Bonnie's hall pass list.  Guess that means I get Beth.

I tried this one and didn't make it through the pilot - just got too bored. Maybe I'll try to push through to get more into it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 08, 2021, 06:17:24 PM
Are there any Mystery Science Theater 3000 fans here? 

I don't want to spam you guys by mentioning an ongoing Kickstarter campaign to fund season 13, so I won't mention it at all. Sorry, I'm excited. :-X

It's one of the finest things to ever be on TV. Although sometimes I wonder how the did Zombie Nightmare, but never did Rock n Roll Nightmare.

mjg

There's a movie called "Hercules Returns" that's similar to mystery science theatre.  Not sure how easy it is to find these days.

Many years ago our local film club got the actors in and they live dubbed a terrible horror movie from the 40s.  Very clever stuff.

matmosphere

I also still joke about Pocket Billiards a lot with my brother.