News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Juicebox - TH Customs Valve-e-Tizer

Started by Guybrush, May 02, 2014, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Here is my version of the Valve-e-Tizer. A tricked out Boobtube. 

Had a magnitude of problems (all my own fault) that Thomas at TH Customs bent over backwards to help with. Enormous thanks for his assistance. Thanks also to Juansolo for his help with my valve questions.

I settled on a EHX AT7 that Thomas sold me as the JJ's I bought from ebay just didn't produce any gain. The AT7 sounds great and I added a couple of extra caps at Thomas' suggestion to add a bit more dirt.

I've always liked the design of Orange amps so based the finish on those.

Really happy with how it turned out and thanks to the PCB mounted pots the insides are by far the neatest I've manged yet.

It makes a nice pair with my ROG Mayqueen too.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

bcalla

Fantastic!  Sounds like it was quite a process but you pulled it off successfully.

jkokura

That is SO freaking rad. Looks like a little Orange Amp thingy.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

pickdropper

Wow, that is one of the nicest builds I've seen.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

That is so cool!  Really dig the orange style and the Tolex. Really clean looking.  I'm inspired man.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Leevibe

Right on. You nailed it on the Orange graphics!

das234

Ok.  That is RIDICULOUS.  Awesome job on that one.  How did you manage the recessed top?  Let me guess.. Did you glue a little wooden frame around the top of the enclosure, apply the tolex to the enclosure/frame and then add the recessed top panel??  Anyway it looks great.

Govmnt_Lacky

hoodoo

diablochris6

I don't know if my fingers could handle that tiny tolex tailoring! Great job. Does the Scotch tape on the LED add mystery mojo?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

lincolnic

This looks crazy good. Really great work!

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Hexjibber

Love it! Been thinking about trying my first valve build, perhaps this is the one to try? Great finish tho man!