News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSkellington

I guess it's more efficient removing the rubber feet and replace it, if this thing is really possible. I have some of them a bit less thick, and the next time I'll order  thinner feet.
A layer under the pedal could be a possible solution. A piece of wood it is a bit difficult to me to find.
I was thinking about a plastic piece, cut from food recipient, maybe more layers. But how I can attach it to the pedal? Attach it with the screw of the pedal isn't so simple because the rubber feet in the middle. I can get a little smaller piece and I glue it strongly enough, but it will be permanent.

Another solution is to rub down the feet making them thinner. Probably I need a rasp, I don't have it, now.

Someone has ever been found in the situation where I am?
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

drolo

JackSkellington

:-\ Maybe. It could be ok. I'll have to be very precise.
Thank you, I'll let you know. I hope to post my pedalboard soon. ;)

JackSkellington

Here's my pedalboard! 8)

IC Buffer -> BSAIB II -> Tycobrahe Octavia -> ProCo Multi Rat -> Zombie Chorus -> Rub-a-Dub Deluxe. But I change them many time. ;D
A simple cheap bag laptop is its case.

Bye!

Marshall Arts

Was asked to play classic rock, this will be enough :-)

NiLace

I believe I'm done (for now) with my pedalboard (and I write these with a half built Flintlock Flanger and Celeste Chorus over the table).
But I refuse to make the pedalboard bigger, it's huge as it is for playing in a band and recording so rule is if a new pedal gets in another pedal needs to get out, and to be honest I can't think of a pedal I would like to get rid off.

This last ten months I've been very active building pedals, trying to find a set of effects I would love. Phasers and delays have been the most complicated ones. Whenever I found one that loved how it sounds I wasn't so convinced when combining it with the rest of the pedalboard. So here is my current set:

Input: Tuner, Volume Pedal, Madbean's Weener Wah, Pedalparts Super Skwisher, EHX Silencer, Madbean's Stage Fright (EHX loop), Modded LPB-1 (EHX Loop, first thing I modded in my life), Pedalparts Stoned Cleric (EHX Loop), Rullywow King Tut (EHX Loop), Pedalparts  Disorder Drive (EHX Loop), Pedalparts Mad Modulation (EHX Output), Madbean's Harbinger One (EHX Output)

Loop: Guitar PCB's Mini-ME, Madbean's Current Lover (this one I bought it from a builder), Madbean's Deathklaw, Musikding's Tremolo, Madbean's Moodring

The little black box with a foot on it is a simple channel selector for the amp and under the board there are a couple of klone buffers to keep everything as it should.

I have enjoyed every project much more than I would think I would and learned a little bit of this and that along the way (very basic electronics concepts). I still cannot understand every part of the projects I've built, but as a result of my new DIY activity I have a couple of books about electronics on my library that I'm reading  8)

What's more important, even if effects don't make me a better player (I wish), I believe building and debugging them has made me more conscious about some aspects of the tonality of guitar sound that I'm using every now and again. As a quick example, this has been the push I needed to finally start using volume and tone controls on my guitar (and then thinking I should have started doing this a loooooong time ago).

Thanks to everyone that writes and shares their knowledge in this forum and on the internet.
Although I haven't written anything (not much to share, really) I have learned a lot and enjoyed reading you  ;)

dan.schumaker

Here is a new board I finished up this weekend.  I've had an idea for a board of all dual pedals kicking around for a while, figured it was time to make it a reality.  Board is made up of leftover Mahogany from my AC-15 build, dovetailed together.  There is a I/O panel on the back to keep things neat.

And I know what you are all thinking, I don't have issues hitting more than one switch at a time.  Since I exclusively play in my basement and am barefoot, no worries on that :)

Signal chain is:  Bi-Comp (Ross & Orange Squeezer) -> Sunlion Jr. (Rangemaster & Silicon Tonebender) -> Ruby Red (Superbolt & Boost) -> Ultimate Octave (Fuzz with Octave) ->Tap Tempo Cardinal Tremolo -> Bi-Chorus -> Triton Delay

jkokura

Wow! That is unbelievably cool.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Droogie

A new board setup for me:

Front end is an older Madbean Kingslayer with soft clipping, bottom right, used as a clean/treble boost
Loop 1 is three dirt boxes, middle row, right : VFE Pale Horse (gray hammertone), Function Fx Clusterfuzz on vero, VFE Alpha Dog (red sparkle)
Loop 2 is Aion's Lab Series L5 (top right) which is the main tone shaping and drive setting
Loop 3 is a Nyquist Aliaser, middle row (copper hammertone)
Loop 4 is mod pedals, top row, Cardinal Tremolo v2 (dark purple) and Lectric FX Celeste Chorus (copper). Missing:  Fuzzdog Tri-Vibe
Loop 5 is open (thinking about another EQ pedal here)
Loop 6 is two Freppo boards, middle row,  Theremin (green) and Synth (orange)
Loop 7 is a Lectric FX Zirconia, middle row left (lime green)
Loop 8 is the Timeline
The back end is the polytune and the BigSky (which is almost always on)

Planning on getting an actual Clusterfuzz Jr. when that's released.
And looking forward to the Choral Reef and Dimension C when those are available, either of which would save a little board space.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Boba7

Rehearsing for a solo acoustic set!

My Martin 00015 (equipped with a Trance Amulet) goes into the tuner, then to the DI that splits the signal between the PA and the rest of the board that goes to the amp (either a modded Vox Pathfinder 15r or my Deluxe Reverb)

Tuner > Mictester Really Cheap Compressor (with bright switch and compression indicator led) > Deluxe Pitch Pirate (for modulated slapback) > Tap tempo Dirtbaby (2nd footswitch for oscillation, external tap) > Echoplex Preamp > Dual channel Mr Black Eterna Gold > amp

I guess I could build a DI, but I would not sell the JDI, so... :)

Love to see all your pedalboards, for some reason I had never really paid attention to this topic before!

Willybomb

Thought I'd put my board up here recently.  Is there two pedalboard threads?

The loop has the Blackstar and Black Gate as sometimes the gate does (used to do) funny things with the clean signal.  Might be dependant on buffers, as it doesn't seem to so it after the Blackstar anymore.  I dunno.  The Blackstar is too noisy for my tastes anyway, so a loop is the best option.

Aleph Null

Quote from: Boba7 on July 22, 2017, 11:35:00 AM
I guess I could build a DI, but I would not sell the JDI, so... :)

I've looked into building a DI (or at least a balanced output) into an outboard pre-amp. It's really not worth it; once you've bought a nice transformer, it's cheaper (or just as expensive) to buy something commercially available.

Boba7

Quote from: Aleph Null on July 24, 2017, 11:09:19 AM
I've looked into building a DI (or at least a balanced output) into an outboard pre-amp. It's really not worth it; once you've bought a nice transformer, it's cheaper (or just as expensive) to buy something commercially available.

Yeah, I thought about selling my JDI and building one with a Jensen or Cinemag but it wasn't very interesting, like I could maybe save €30 or 40, that's about it. And I don't need all the functions of the JDI, but it's good to have them.

pickdropper

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 26, 2017, 05:59:44 AM
Here is a new board I finished up this weekend.  I've had an idea for a board of all dual pedals kicking around for a while, figured it was time to make it a reality.  Board is made up of leftover Mahogany from my AC-15 build, dovetailed together.  There is a I/O panel on the back to keep things neat.

And I know what you are all thinking, I don't have issues hitting more than one switch at a time.  Since I exclusively play in my basement and am barefoot, no worries on that :)

Signal chain is:  Bi-Comp (Ross & Orange Squeezer) -> Sunlion Jr. (Rangemaster & Silicon Tonebender) -> Ruby Red (Superbolt & Boost) -> Ultimate Octave (Fuzz with Octave) ->Tap Tempo Cardinal Tremolo -> Bi-Chorus -> Triton Delay

I love this.  Fantastic job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Matt

In front of the amp
Dunlop 535q, Rotolux (Madbean Harbinger)1, Cut Throat (Rullywow Cockit), So-Kal (Oshed modified Kalamazoo), BYOC OD2, Boss TU2.
In the fx loop
Empress Nebulus, Boss DD500