Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Quote from: thesmokingman on March 30, 2020, 04:10:48 PM
all that modern battle rattle and a janky mosin nagant

Hard to say no to 7.62x54r
Guy behind Effects Layouts

alanp

The most famous sniper of all time used a Finnish-made variant of the Mosin-Nagant. It was mass produced in several countries (Russia, China, Hungary, Poland, Finland, Romania... even the USA produced some) and there will be big variations across them all in terms of quality.

Disclaimer: only shot an air powered slug gun, and I would be surprised if I can even buy one of those without a firearms license.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Quote from: mjg on March 30, 2020, 01:05:14 AM
Alan, do you have any thoughts on how it compares with the others in the reboot of Tomb Raider?  I played the first one, expecting Tombs, and puzzles, and stuff like that.  Was disappointed overall - to me it seemed like a first person shooter with lots of 'press button now to dodge crashing airplane' built in.  Which is fine if that's what you want, but I was after puzzles and didn't get them.

Tomb Raider 2013, I remember as being very linear and full to the brim of quick time events (Press X To Not Die.) I haven't finished it, put it that way.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

Other then running through The Division 2 with Storyboardist, I hav ebeen play a lot of Halflife Alyx. I recently upgraded my Rift to a Rift S and love not having to setup 3 of the cameras for 360 tracking. I have had no issues with tracking with the Rift S as of yet. I also love the update the resolution and refresh. I noticed a huge difference with games like The Walking Dead Sinners and Saints and No Mans Sky in VR.

Halflife Alyx is not doing anything "new" to VR but what it does do is take a bunch of mechanics and physics that other games have tried to perfect and really polish it. It feels like a Valve game.. the dialog, the story and the world is fantastic. I am really taking my time with this game and hope it has a great payoff. I have avoided all spoilers up to this point. lol

somnif

I'm 1.2 million dollars in debt to a Raccoon, My house is full of insects and dead fish, and I carry several axes with my at all times.

...I got the new Animal Crossing.

It's an interesting thing. While the new graphics are lovely (by Switch standards), there are honestly a lot of things the game does worse than the previous entry. Fewer npcs to interact with, less "stuff" to do, an annoying tool durability system has been implemented, but, I'm still picking up my switch wenever I have a few minutes to grab a few flowers or pop some balloons.

Just wish Nintendo wasn't so frustratingly terrible when it comes to Online implementation, it's a right pain in the ass to try to visit other towns (even on top of the paid subscription service necessary to do it)

petesz

After a long gaming hiatus (I used to play PS1/2 as a kid), I purchased an Xbox a few months back mostly to muck around playing Fifa and Forza. Then a few weeks ago I bought Assassins Creed Odyssey as the first 'serious' (i.e non sports) game to try and have put on about 15 hours to date - holy wow. When did games become so dense and amazing. I'm finding it super addictive and just heaps of fun to play. The graphics are fantastic. I do think an online type mode where you could interact with other players would be good fun. Am thinking I might give RDR2 a go next, I heard its pretty good.

MTK

GTA 5 and Skyrim are solid go-to games that'll devour some time.

Quote from: petesz on April 04, 2020, 10:49:57 PM
After a long gaming hiatus (I used to play PS1/2 as a kid), I purchased an Xbox a few months back mostly to muck around playing Fifa and Forza. Then a few weeks ago I bought Assassins Creed Odyssey as the first 'serious' (i.e non sports) game to try and have put on about 15 hours to date - holy wow. When did games become so dense and amazing. I'm finding it super addictive and just heaps of fun to play. The graphics are fantastic. I do think an online type mode where you could interact with other players would be good fun. Am thinking I might give RDR2 a go next, I heard its pretty good.

I've been working my way through Mario Odyssey. It's a good time.

harryklippton

I just finished assassin's creed black flag last night on switch. First assassin's creed game I've played and I really enjoyed it. 

juansolo

AC2 and Black Flag (a pirate game in disguise of an AC game) are the best two of the lot.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

harryklippton

I immediately started AC Rogue and like it equally about as much so far. I wish some of the newer titles were also on switch.

juansolo

I picked up Odyssey, but haven't played it yet. I've finally made the decision to play Witcher 3... I may be here a while.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

MTK

Quote from: juansolo on April 06, 2020, 01:27:50 AM
I picked up Odyssey, but haven't played it yet. I've finally made the decision to play Witcher 3... I may be here a while.

The Witcher 3 is excellent. Lots and lots of hours to be spent. I finished the first town/section and took a break for some reason. I need to pick that back up.

alanp

My brother plays one hell of a lot of Call of Duty multiplayer.

I'm not sure he actually *enjoys* it, given how much he swears while he does so.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

harryklippton

Quote from: alanp on February 25, 2020, 09:46:04 PM
Just started playing "Okami HD" on Steam. On the basis of one hour's play so far, it seems quite fun. The garble-garble-garble-garble while text boxes are scrolling is annoying, but more tune-out-able than Undertale was.

I started this on Switch the other day. Played about 8 hours so far.

I also started Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen recently and feeling really lost as to how to approach this game. Anybody ever play this? I could use some advice

matmosphere

I'm kind of annoyed that Switches have fallen prey to price gouging. My two older kids have switch lites but with all this extra time I was thinking it would be cool to buy a regular one and play some games with them.