News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drill template prints too small

Started by Tuxedo3, February 05, 2017, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Very weird, each time I print a drill template it is just a bit too small. I measured the enclosure/PCB while in Photoshop and they are correct, but they are definitely not once printed. I have to print the file to a PDF before printing it (I'm at college) any thoughts on this?

neandrewthal

The only thing I can think of is when you are in the print preview make sure the box "actual size" is selected.

Tuxedo3

Stomptown

Did you download the PDF and open it in acrobat or did you open/print in your web browser? I have to actually downloaded ad the files to get the to print to the proper scale...

madbean

Which docs are you having trouble with?

Tuxedo3

Quote from: Stomptown on February 05, 2017, 04:15:55 PM
Did you download the PDF and open it in acrobat or did you open/print in your web browser? I have to actually downloaded ad the files to get the to print to the proper scale...

My main goal is to make a drill template for a pedal I designed, I've been using the template for a 1590B madbean pedal and kinda adjusted some things. I've done it before and it worked perfect.

Quote from: madbean on February 05, 2017, 04:22:08 PM
Which docs are you having trouble with?

I have been using a 1590B template from one of your pedals but adjusted to fit the PCB I made. I tried printing one right from the site and it still printed odd. I think it might be a printer issue I'm just not sure.

selfdestroyer

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader to print it or are you using the PDF reader built into your browser?

Try both and see if you get the same results. Like mentioned, make sure no scaling is set.

Cody

Jebus

There might also be option called "fit to page". Take that off also. :)

AntKnee

What he said, on "actual size" setting.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Tuxedo3

This has been super helpful guys, thank you so much for the insight.