Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb.com demos ?

Started by Yahoo67, January 24, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuGG

Haha yeah man, it's me.    ;D

somnif

Well I just bought a Pickit2 knock-off and a fistfull of 24LC32A's, I am ready to experimentalize!

Now I just need to wait for my registration to be approved for the SpinCAD forum.  ;D

Yahoo67

I whent and watch some video for soldering smd part for when my organ donor comes in .... this video makes it looks so easy T_T i am kind of stressed thinking of soldering non leaded components :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uiroWBkdFY

Droogie

P
Quote from: Yahoo67 on January 26, 2018, 06:43:50 AM
I whent and watch some video for soldering smd part for when my organ donor comes in .... this video makes it looks so easy T_T i am kind of stressed thinking of soldering non leaded components :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uiroWBkdFY

Might be useful to practice on something else first? Like most things, it gets better with repetition!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

ryanisradd

I built the Hypernova a few weeks ago. It's great! Is kind or supermoon-like with a faster phase-type modulation. It was also one of the fastest builds i've ever done! The architecture for the FV-1 seems pretty simple. I'm super excited about the octagon!
Affiliations: I work for Chase Bliss Audio making things with lots of DIP switches.

somnif

I just thought of something....

I wonder if I could leave the data and clock pins of all the chips connected, and use a switch to power on the chips one by one. THAT would let me use up to 12 chips per switch, for 103 effects total! (Apparently this would be a "hectakaitrigon", neat)

...I almost want to test this, but also don't want to go full on mad scientist and risk frying the chips. Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Willybomb

So Bugg, let me just get this straight...

The FV-1 comes with these as default:

Chorus-reverb
Flange-reverb
Tremolo-reverb
Pitch shift
Pitch-echo
Test
Reverb 1
Reverb 2

and your Octagon comes with these on the eprom:

Shimmer Reverb
Modulated Reverb
Modulated Delay
Pitch Delay
Bit Crusher
Dual Pitch Shifter
Harmonic Tremolo
Pulse Tremolo

Soooo, technically we should be able to access those original ones by doing that ground trick as mentioned before.

Are the patches you include in the Octagon the same as in your FV-1 modulated reverb/shimmer reverb?

culturejam

Quote from: Willybomb on January 30, 2018, 06:00:53 AM
Soooo, technically we should be able to access those original ones by doing that ground trick as mentioned before.

They're in the actual FV-1, so you can access them. But they are not all that great, in my opinion.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Rec'd my Organ Donor today and it looks great. I'm looking forward to a bit of SMD soldering...it's been a while. I'm going to try and re-purpose an FV-1 I have with a broken leg. Unfortunately, I can't even start on it for several more days.

BuGG

Quote from: Willybomb on January 30, 2018, 06:00:53 AMSo Bugg, let me just get this straight...

Yes, if you ground pin 13 of the FV-1 you can access the internal programs....

Quote from: Willybomb on January 30, 2018, 06:00:53 AMAre the patches you include in the Octagon the same as in your FV-1 modulated reverb/shimmer reverb?

Essentially yes.   The difference is that in the Octagon you have a little more control over the parameters because of the extra digital control.     You can actually control the pitch of the shimmer (from one octave down to one octave up)...  With the modulated reverb you can control the modulation rate and depth individually.

I'm considering replacing the last algorithm (pulse tremolo) with something that I think might be a bit more exciting....

selfdestroyer

I too have been getting my feet wet with some SMT stuff and found these to be helpful

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=SMD+practice

I have ordered 3 different ones and they have all been legit. I went ahead and got a cheap hot air station and some solder paste.

Hot air station: Cheap starter one.. If I get more into this I may upgrade to something else.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCB4SQ7/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solder Paste:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017RSGPI8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a few of the PedalPCB's boards and will definitely grab some more when I get some more bench time planned.

Cody

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on January 30, 2018, 04:42:40 PM
Rec'd my Organ Donor today and it looks great. I'm looking forward to a bit of SMD soldering...it's been a while. I'm going to try and re-purpose an FV-1 I have with a broken leg. Unfortunately, I can't even start on it for several more days.

Got mine today. I did NOT notice, however, that the microntroller is also SMT and there are no programming pins on the board. :/ So this will not be a very handy platform for SpinCAD tinkering, unless there is a socket that will fit.

somnif

Quote from: culturejam on February 01, 2018, 04:44:37 PM
Got mine today. I did NOT notice, however, that the microntroller is also SMT and there are no programming pins on the board. :/ So this will not be a very handy platform for SpinCAD tinkering, unless there is a socket that will fit.

Yeah all the single effect FV-1 boards seem to use SMD eeproms. There are sockets out there, probably a bit finicky to use but I've seen em around.

Thats why I ended up going with the "Octagon" board. Through hole design! Just wish they made 8pin ZIF sockets  ;D (machined will have to do!)

culturejam

Quote from: somnif on February 01, 2018, 04:59:22 PM
Thats why I ended up going with the "Octagon" board. Through hole design! Just wish they made 8pin ZIF sockets  ;D (machined will have to do!)

I was going to get that, but it was out of stock. Guess I'll wait. :/

Anybody want my Organ Donor board + microcontroller?

somnif

Quote from: culturejam on February 01, 2018, 05:06:09 PM

I was going to get that, but it was out of stock. Guess I'll wait. :/

Anybody want my Organ Donor board + microcontroller?

Its up for Backorder now. Not entirely sure how differs from the Pre-Order it was when I bought it, but... logistics! Yay!

edit:

Theres also a 15% off code on their facebook page now, through the 2nd.