News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb.com demos ?

Started by Yahoo67, January 24, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkemail86

Want to thank BUGG for some great projects!  Had taken a break from pedal building partially out of time constraints but also lack of projects that seemed particularly exciting to me.
Just finished the board for the Organ Donor.  Very cool.  And yes, the surface mount chips were daunting initially but I was able to get a functional build without any special tools (just a cheapo iron and thinnish solder I normally use).  I recommend using tape or something (some have said sticky tack/poster tack) to hold the chips in place while soldering and probably soldering chips first.

Looking forward to some more FV-1 builds!

bsoncini

I built the octagon. Really cool pedal.  Been playing with it for a week and still probably haven't heard all the sounds it's cable of. Don't let the smd scare you. I've never done smd before and it just took me a few minutes.  I already have a few friends that want me to build them one.

As many of us do in diy I can't help but thing how I could add even more to it. I think an expression input would be perfect. Plus the option to decide what pot I want to use the expression pedal on since some modes pot 1 might be perfect others 2 or 3.  All 3 pots are just a voltage divider. I'm thinking running the middle leg on each pot to a rotary switch to select which pot I want to use. Or maybe just a simple switch to choose  between 2 if the rotary switch seems  too complicated. Is this the best way to implement this? Any side effects that can come from this? Obviously this will have to probably go into a 1590bb. And the expression jack will need 3 volts and ground on different lugs.

bsoncini

I can confirm the mod that I talked about in the post above works perfectly.

With a 3p4t rotary i can choose between expression pedal off, and controlling pot 1, 2 or 3.  It sounds really cool with the expression pedal controlling the filter in bit crush and pin 1 or 3 in pitch shift mode. Nice with the delay modes also. Still need to play with it à bit more.

I can explain the wiring I did if anyone is interested.

p_wats

Quote from: bsoncini on March 05, 2018, 05:13:10 AM

With a 3p4t rotary i can choose between expression pedal off, and controlling pot 1, 2 or 3.  It sounds really cool with the expression pedal controlling the filter in bit crush and pin 1 or 3 in pitch shift mode. Nice with the delay modes also. Still need to play with it à bit more.

Very cool! I'm building one soon and might mess with this idea too. Thanks.

bsoncini

Quote from: p_wats on March 05, 2018, 01:33:24 PM

If you wanna know what I did.

Pad 2 of pot 1 on PCB to a on rotary
Pad2 of pot 2 on PCB to b on rotary
Pad 2 of pot 3 on PCB to c on rorary

Lug 2 of pot 1 to 1,3 and 4 on rotary.
Lug 2 of pot 2 to 5,6 and 8 on rotary
Lug 2 of pot 3 to 9,10 and 11 on rotary

Pin 2,7 and 12 to middle lug of expression jack.

Take the 3v3 for lug 3 of the nearest pot to one of the outer lugs of the expression jack. Pin 1 from from same pot to other outer expression lug.

It's probably obvious but don't connect lug 2 of the 3 pots to the PCB.

p_wats

Got my Octagon populated today and am very happy with the options. Can't wait to box it up.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Yahoo67

Quote from: p_wats on March 05, 2018, 01:33:24 PM

What type enclosure did you end up using ?  A 125b must have been to small :/
I will maybe buy a second pcb just to try that mod .... it looks just amazing

dont-tase-me-bro

I just ordered a bunch of these today - he has great stuff
I thought this would save me money.

sarde

I ordered the Octagon this weekend during their sale. All of a sudden everyone started posting about this project and then they had a sale...what was I to do?

BuGG even made a custom eeprom for me (what a guy). Here is to SMD/FV-1/patch experimentation!

I'll post my build thread when I get al my parts (I'm planning on adding the ground switch to pin 13 of the fv1 to access the internal patches; I also want to install a rotary switch 1p8t for patch selection; and maybe, just maybe I will add that expression jack I saw in another thread).
Check out some of my projects over at https://pendragonguitarworks.wordpress.com/

oip

octagon PCB with microcontroller and eeprom arrived in the mail yesterday.  just ordered enclosure and pots from tayda so will hopefully be able to build some time this week.  had FV-1 chips sitting lonely for ages now.

i've got all the stuff to reprogram the eeprom so hoping to be able to experiment with FV-1 programming too, really looking forward to this.  i've tried the same kind of project previously with pcb from diystompboxes but could not for the life of me get the microcontrollers to work.

Aentons

Sorry to dredge up an old thread.

It would be great to have demos for some of the fv1 stuff. I still haven't been able to find many if any. Im hoping to pull the trigger on getting an Arachnid and using the eeprom builder for the patches but it's hard to choose which ones since I can't hear them. I also noticed that the bitcrusher patch is not available in the eeprom builder list.

Btw, The fact that any of this is available at all is super fantastic

Willybomb

Search for my Megatron TMK2601 build... 3 octagons in a box, each with custom eeproms plus switches to access the onboard effects...